You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

They get a lot of free advertising on FLICKR plus the image quality on FLICKR is far superior.  I think the distribute means sell, make money from Linden content, etc.  

The real question should be what and how can we as individuals hold a copyright of our own in SL in order to be a sell an NFT because to sell an NFT we must be the legal copyright holder.

Honestly, I would just do it and see how it plays out in court. I don't think there is any precedent currently. And it might actually be a good thing to go all way as it could clarify a lot of things and set precedent.

I can only go by how other games do not go after content creators on Youtube and Twitch. And they have bigger wallets than SL.

Edited by Finite

1 minute ago, Finite said:

Honestly, I would just do it and see how it plays out in court. I don't think there is any precedent currently. And it might actually be a good thing to go all way as it could clarify a lot of things.

There is a bit of precedent only in that unscrupulous people have put up NFT's for sale that are Disney things or very well known copyrighted things which they are not the copyright holder of obviously as only Disney owns Disney, etc.  So, their TOS do stress make sure you are the copyright holder blah, blah.  

If the OP or anyone does want to do it they can under the assumption they know it's fully at their own risk.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.