My Emailed Snapshots Are Not Going Through

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1092 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have my email and ancient copy of Photoshop set up on an older Macintosh that is no longer capable of running Firestorm or the SL Viewer at any speed. I usually visit Second Life on an old PC that was set up for gaming.

I take photos by emailing them to myself from the old PC to the old Mac. Sometimes the emailed photos disappear enroute and I can't find any rhyme or reason for it. I spent some time yesterday with my email provider trying to figure out if there was a problem on that end, but didn't get an answer. Other email (not sent from Second Life) seems to be getting through.

Anyone else have a similar situation or a possible solution? I have been thinking about learning Gimp and putting it on the old PC so that I could take photos by taking screen capture as I used to, but I'm leery of burdening the old PC too much.

Any help would be welcome. Thank you. 

7 hours ago, Rufferta said:

a possible solution

There are a number of possible solutions:

• Upload directly to Flickr from your viewer on your PC, then download from Flickr on your Mac.
  • Save the pic you take to disk and THEN email to yourself so that if delivery fails somehow, you can try again. 
  • Save the pic to disk and send it to your other machine via your network (assuming you have a home network)
  • Save the pic to a USB flash drive (also known as USB stick) and transfer the file to your mac that way.
  • Use GIMP on your PC as you have been thinking of. As long as the pics aren't too large in file size, your PC should be fine. 

There are probably a few other possible solutions that I haven't mentioned, so don't think of this as your only options 🙂

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

There are a number of possible solutions:

• Upload directly to Flickr from your viewer on your PC, then download from Flickr on your Mac.
  • Save the pic you take to disk and THEN email to yourself so that if delivery fails somehow, you can try again. 
  • Save the pic to disk and send it to your other machine via your network (assuming you have a home network)
  • Save the pic to a USB flash drive (also known as USB stick) and transfer the file to your mac that way.
  • Use GIMP on your PC as you have been thinking of. As long as the pics aren't too large in file size, your PC should be fine. 

There are probably a few other possible solutions that I haven't mentioned, so don't think of this as your only options 🙂

Thank you. I will try these ideas and find out what works best.

Later: It turned out that I could do a screen capture using Windows, send it to email on the Windows machine, then pick it up on the Mac.  Thank you for making me think.

Edited by Rufferta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1092 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.