Block Sellers on Marketplace Search?

Duncan Starlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there some way to block all results from a particular merchant and/or store when searching marketplace? Not because they've committed any obvious violation of the community standards, but just because they have a ton of entries for outdated/overpriced stuff messing up the search results and/or ethical practices that make you want to not buy from them.

• Like 1

Use a boolean search operator

Using boolean search operators

Boolean operators are simple words such as ANDOR, and NOT that can be used to either combine or exclude specific words in a search, which can help to achieve more accurate search results.  Here is a short guide on how and when to use each available operator:

• AND - Narrows your search by requiring both words to be included in each search result.  For example, a  search of "red AND green" returns only results containing both the words "red" and "green".
  • OR - Broadens your search by only requiring one of the words to appear in each result.  For example, a search of "boats OR planes" returns results containing: only the word "boats", only the word "planes", or both the words "boats" and "planes"
  • NOT - Narrows your search by excluding results that contain the words after the NOT operator.  For example, "summer NOT winter" returns results that contain the word "summer" but does not show any results containing the word "winter".

Boolean search operators must always be written in CAPITAL LETTERS in order to be recognized by the Second Life Marketplace search.  

so for example:

pants NOT "name of store"

to search for pants not from "name of store"

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

MP is made for crappy creators to flood you with tons garbage so you can never find what you really want,
while some of the best creators stay out of MP so you can't give them a bad reviews because their feeling just can't take any critique at all.

While "we the people" can't block stores and creator in MP it is almost completely useless in my opinion.

: )~

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 7:57 AM, JessiCaren said:

while some of the best creators stay out of MP so you can't give them a bad reviews because their feeling just can't take any critique at all.

While "we the people" can't block stores and creator in MP it is almost completely useless in my opinion.

: )~

Hmm a lot of them have other things to manage and get enough foot traffic where they aren't dependent on the market place. I find a lot of the good ones who aren't in MP probably wouldn't get too many poor reviews if they were. MP is far from the be all end all I find a lot of new players think it to be. 

For blocking, I don't know about useless. I admit I can't think of many but today I ran into an instance where someone had the word "Full Perm" in their store name even though none of there stuff is actually full perm. So while I was shopping for full perm items her stuff kept popping up. This is one use I could think of where blocking the vendor would have been helpful.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.