Removing "payment info used" from profile after mysterious card

Me11ie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1095 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Found a mysterious card on my account today after seeing "payment info used" on my profile

Changed password and removed the card
I'm hoping there's a way to removed the status "payment info used" from the profile though and change it back. It's been about an hour since removing the card and I have logged out and logged back in but it still sits there in the profile.

Didn't see anything changed on my account, my Ls are still there, and don't see any weird purchase history. I just want the profile to go back to saying it doesn't have payment info.
Is there a solution to this?

Capture.PNG

4 answers to this question

From Second Life standpoint it's completely normal and not a bug. The http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/DATA_PAYINFO says: "It is important to know that it is possible to have PAYMENT_INFO_USED but currently not have PAYMENT_INFO_ON_FILE (payment info can be removed after being used)."

I'd suggest you to create a support ticket and describe everything in detail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You should definitely make a support ticket. Include the number/type of the "mysterious" card, state that it is not your card and you didn't put it there. You may also want to call the Fraud Hotline. It's possible that someone gained access to your account. The hotline is 800-860-6990.  Also, change your password!

Simply having the status "payment info used" is not a bad thing in and of itself. It can even give you a little status as a serious resident with some venues and merchants.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, panterapolnocy said:

From Second Life standpoint it's completely normal and not a bug. The http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/DATA_PAYINFO says: "It is important to know that it is possible to have PAYMENT_INFO_USED but currently not have PAYMENT_INFO_ON_FILE (payment info can be removed after being used)."

I'd suggest you to create a support ticket and describe everything in detail.

OP clearly tells he found a card registered on his account. While he didn't do that.  I don't get what you want to say with your answer.
It's a phished account, or somebody had access to the computer, and needs to be investigated.
The removal on that wiki page is meant as you can remove the card/payment method, but will keep the status.

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

OP clearly tells he found a card registered on his account. While he didn't do that. (...) It's a phished account, or somebody had access to the computer, and needs to be investigated.

That's why I suggested creating a ticket as soon as possible. @Lindal Kiddalso suggested the fraud hotline, which is a good idea. Changing password to a completely new one also is required, I'd say.

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

The removal on that wiki page is meant as you can remove the card/payment method, but will keep the status.

Exactly. The "is not a bug" is an answer to the "It's been about an hour since removing the card and I have logged out and logged back in but it still sits there in the profile."

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1095 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.