How many chalets is enough?

Fleur Aurelia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Somehow people think 2-3 alts is more ethical than a 5-10-20! It’s all the same.

It is all the same.   There is most likely more going on here than just this.  Maybe some along the way had their feelings hurt due to trades gone bad or feel they got screwed.

Interesting that NONE of the friends who help to claim "unchartered territory" have came out in support of their friend by reacting positively to their post as at this time it's been on the forum for hours with no reaction emojis at all. 

Makes me wonder if they are actually friends or just freeloaders. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Or maybe some of the defenders of the practice get prime locations handed to them on a regular basis, and they don't want that gravy train to stop. I guess we will just never know! 🤷‍♀️

And this includes you too.  Which is what makes it more baffling.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

And this includes you too.  Which is what makes it more baffling.

Are you pointing fingers at me in particular? I bailed out of that person's "game" last year, so leave my name out of your accusations, please.

ETA: But that experience did give me loads of insight as to other peoples' motives, just sayin'. ;) 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I am going to be not nice.

Before "New player" came, it was us who had 2-5 premium accounts that was on top. We had a hold on those with 1 premium. Every time somebody complained (2019) about how unfair it was that we did that, we had a great argument: "We pay for it, and it is our right according to TOS".

Boom, there comes "New player". We are not the Apex Predators in the GoH game anymore. Now we are the ones who has to look at another swooping in. And, oh, does that hurt, yes?

And suddenly the GoH has changed to "what's fair". It was not one among you who cared about the "unfairness" in having more than one Bellisseria home, before "New player" came along.

So you have gone from defending your 3 alts, and pointing out equality - one home for each premium - to equity. Now you want Mama to interfere on our behalf, and make sure nobody has more premiums than you can afford.

I vote for keeping equality, and do not let that "New player" upset me. 

I am going to be not nice.

You're way nicer than what I wrote BUT :

giphy.gif.572f1e34a3703d617f1f7c202730e8c7.gif

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fleur Aurelia said:

Can someone please explain to me why there's a need to "break into unchartered territory"

I became premium during the vics release and I remember standing around on some regions with lots of other people, Whitney showed up, the region went down and then we clicked and hopefully got a nice vic!  Are things different now?

Its so they can claim the "I was first" trophy cause evidently that is what makes you special in Belli these days. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

OMG look underneath the wicked witch....

It's an Orange CLOUD!!!!

She IS in Second Life!!!

EVERYBODY STFU ABOUT GOH ALT ARMIES!!!!!!!!11111elleven111

It's time for the REAL argument!!!!!oneoneoneoneone!!!!

That's not a picture of an ORANGE cloud111111exclamationpoint

It's RED, I tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!ELEVENINALLCAPS

facebook_1606178287937_6736800017809887830.jpg.19dcd7ec126cdf0315e74f405766f4e0.jpg

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Fay Starlight said:

I love seeing everyone else's homes, especially the ones with a lot of talent, and there are many people out there with enormous talent to decorate. To me these little houses are like little digital works of art. Some of you are amazing artists, but we all are in our own way here.

👆👆👆THIS!!!👆👆👆

dog3-550x366.png

• Like 1

The only time I had an alt army was when I'd see an announcement in the original "When was the last time..." thread of a gorgeous location, would go to the slurl, want the parcel really bad, and then create an alt and hope I signed up and snagged the spot quickly enough.  There were several sweet spots that someone beat me to.  There were several spots I succeeded in snagging.  When I almost signed up for my TENTH premium, I had to stop and think;  Wait wait wait that will be over one hundred bucks a month just for membership fees just for multiple Linden Homes so I can have one of each variety.  I wasn't trying to game the system, but I knew I had a problem.  With a heavy heart, I abandoned most of the homes, switched the accounts to basic, but heaved a sigh of relief about all the money I'd no longer be spending on SL.  Because I realized I couldn't possibly snag every single cool-looking spot in the game.  I mean, if I could afford to do that, I'd buy all of Bay City.  Plus I can take joy in others' joy, and see what folks do with there homes.  And it's totally free to wander Belli, or the Mainland, and see all the wonderful, well, @Fay Starlight is right, all the digital art and creativity going on in Second Life.

I feel a bit like an addict.  A virtual land addict.  But on the bright side, I'm in recovery, and have decided how much monthly spending on Second Life is OK.  I've decided to use that budget more wisely, buying not a wide variety of Linden Homes, but a wide variety of different Mainland finds, from a parcel by the Great Wall to a spot on the slopes of one of the highest mountains in the game.

I'm limiting myself to a single Linden Home.  And since I like campers the best (for now lol), I'd have to say that, FOR ME, the perfect number of chalets is ZERO.

[Obligatory pix of Linden Home locations I've given up]:

sb4_001.thumb.png.291013b9a1f21a2c59f277c47296ac46.png

new sign 1_001.png

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
me hate typ0s
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, Stellaa Starlight said:

Its so they can claim the "I was first" trophy cause evidently that is what makes you special in Belli these days. 

There's a competition?  How could one tell who was the first person to bag a certain parcel?  Who's going to care?

50 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

I've decided to use that budget more wisely, buying not a wide variety of Linden Homes, but a wide variety of different Mainland finds, from a parcel by the Great Wall to a spot on the slopes of one of the highest mountains in the game.

I've been doing the same thing over the past couple of months, and have found some stellar Mainland parcels, including a couple that I've had my eye on for literally YEARS. My interest in LH has faded now that I've been reminded how much I enjoy having total freedom to do as I wish with my parcel, and that's really the point of starter homes like these. In addition, I finally, after 11 years in SL, purchased a private region earlier this week. As a result, I let my Vic and my favorite LH (a trad) go today.

So, I don't have a dog in this "new release" hunt despite what some might think. I am generally interested in the topic, but not for my own GOH purposes. I'm not rolling more than very sporadically. I recently landed a superb chalet in front of the Limestone waterfall.... and to tie this back to topic, ONE CHALET is enough for me. :D 

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

No chalets for me either.

LL won't build my absolute dream home as it is too similar to the Victorian theme and Apple fall already built the exact thing so I live in that build on a parcel where I can landscape with seasons allowed. 

Bellisseria adds the community feel and the Linden Homes provide the decorating challenge of doing amazing things with a limited set of prims and landscaping so it will always be alluring. To me that is not a contest against others just a creative outlet we can all take part in. 

One thing I really can't wait for though is Patch's town hall - will there be resident surgeries? How long will the queues be?!

Seriously though I wonder where it will be and what it will look like, perhaps as a community we need it soon? 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I finally, after 11 years in SL, purchased a private region earlier this week.

surprised-young-sexy-woman-open-mouth-wow-girl-comic-advertising-poster-pop-art-smart-phone-omg-109182756.jpg.493a289f68ee0d37b6f240c6e649386d.jpg

I've always wanted to do that, to see and manipulate the additional terrain and estate controls owning an entire sim comes with.  But it's cost-prohibitive, plus I've felt too isolated when renting parcels on estates in the middle of nowhere.  I need to feel connected to the mainland, and be able to boat or drive there.  I've even felt this way in real life, feeling trapped in on islands that are too small, in my mind (Oahu was fine, but Kauai felt too boxed in).  I suppose I wouldn't feel that way if it was a multi-regional private estate -- it would feel like a small continent.  But if I can't afford an alt army, I certainly can't afford a sim army.

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.