I am the tactician of my party.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

What's the Donner party?

I just grabbed this from wiki rather than typing up a bunch of stuff..I'm kind of lazy this morning.. hehehe

The Donner Party (sometimes called the Donner–Reed Party) was a group of American pioneers who migrated to California in a wagon train from the Midwest. Delayed by a multitude of mishaps, they spent the winter of 1846–1847 snowbound in the Sierra Nevada mountain range. Some of the migrants resorted to cannibalism to survive, eating the bodies of those who had succumbed to starvation, sickness and extreme cold.

The Donner Party departed Missouri on the Oregon Trail in the spring of 1846, behind many other pioneer families who were attempting to make the same overland trip. The journey west usually took between four and six months, but the Donner Party was slowed after electing to follow a new route called the Hastings Cutoff, which bypassed established trails and instead crossed the Rocky Mountains' Wasatch Range and the Great Salt Lake Desert in present-day Utah. The desolate and rugged terrain, and the difficulties they later encountered while traveling along the Humboldt River in present-day Nevada, resulted in the loss of many cattle and wagons, and divisions soon formed within the group.

By early November, the migrants had reached the Sierra Nevada but became trapped by an early, heavy snowfall near Truckee Lake (now Donner Lake) high in the mountains. Their food supplies ran dangerously low, and in mid-December some of the group set out on foot to obtain help. Rescuers from California attempted to reach the migrants, but the first relief party did not arrive until the middle of February 1847, almost four months after the wagon train became trapped. Of the 87 members of the party, 48 survived the ordeal. Historians have described the episode as one of the most fascinating tragedies in California history, and in the entire record of American westward migration.[1]

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I just grabbed this from wiki rather than typing up a bunch of stuff..I'm kind of lazy this morning.. hehehe

The Donner Party (sometimes called the Donner–Reed Party) was a group of American pioneers who migrated to California in a wagon train from the Midwest. Delayed by a multitude of mishaps, they spent the winter of 1846–1847 snowbound in the Sierra Nevada mountain range. Some of the migrants resorted to cannibalism to survive, eating the bodies of those who had succumbed to starvation, sickness and extreme cold.

The Donner Party departed Missouri on the Oregon Trail in the spring of 1846, behind many other pioneer families who were attempting to make the same overland trip. The journey west usually took between four and six months, but the Donner Party was slowed after electing to follow a new route called the Hastings Cutoff, which bypassed established trails and instead crossed the Rocky Mountains' Wasatch Range and the Great Salt Lake Desert in present-day Utah. The desolate and rugged terrain, and the difficulties they later encountered while traveling along the Humboldt River in present-day Nevada, resulted in the loss of many cattle and wagons, and divisions soon formed within the group.

By early November, the migrants had reached the Sierra Nevada but became trapped by an early, heavy snowfall near Truckee Lake (now Donner Lake) high in the mountains. Their food supplies ran dangerously low, and in mid-December some of the group set out on foot to obtain help. Rescuers from California attempted to reach the migrants, but the first relief party did not arrive until the middle of February 1847, almost four months after the wagon train became trapped. Of the 87 members of the party, 48 survived the ordeal. Historians have described the episode as one of the most fascinating tragedies in California history, and in the entire record of American westward migration.[1]

Ah, I see. That rings a bell. That's quite dark, though....

10 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

[I am the tactician of my party. ]

Whatever I say goes.

(There is a hidden meaning behind my words. You can go ahead and find it if you want.)

Party of one, please.  I am the tactician of my party, and my personhood.  My life does not lead me, I lead my life.  What I own be it stuff or knowledge, I control, ie use, access, exclusion. I choose how to direct and if and how to share that value.  I am the one who knows more about me than anyone else, like it, accept it, or not.  Some days are bigger jobs than others managing all thahhht.  :)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

Whatever I say goes.

(There is a hidden meaning behind my words. You can go ahead and find it if you want.)

It's not an "anything goes" party?  I don't know the hidden meaning either...just throwing a guess out there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kyrie Deka said:

Party of one, please.  I am the tactician of my party, and my personhood.  My life does not lead me, I lead my life.  What I own be it stuff or knowledge, I control, ie use, access, exclusion. I choose how to direct and if and how to share that value.  I am the one who knows more about me than anyone else, like it, accept it, or not.  Some days are bigger jobs than others managing all thahhht.  :)

Pretty good interpretation!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.