Inactive account as Owner in land group

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1085 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, hi...

I'm in the process of selling my Mainland plot neighbouring the Jeogeot Gulf. It's group-owned land and now it dawned upon me that there's an inactive account, who's been sitting and idling among the Owners of that group - last logged in in 2017. Of course, it's an account I do not have control over, whereas the other Owners are alts, friends or alts of friends. So when I sell the plot, the account will get a share of group divident.

The owner of that account can't be reached either, they've been offline for quite the same time.

Simply opening another group (or person), selling the land to group 2 (or person) for next to nothing and letting group 2 (or person) eventually sell the land is probably no option, as I don't have enough tier to hold twice the land... it's a 9570 sqm plot, after all.

I'm currently promoting members to the Owner role (thanks Heavens for alt accounts!), at least temporarily, so the inactive account's share will get smaller... after originally thinking the other way, but never mind.

Is it likely that LL will remove that inactive account when asked nicely? I think I heard examples of them removing "dead" group owners for active groups. And something about the founding owner, too... that'll be me.

Got any other ideas or creative approaches, by chance?

Or I'll just abandon the land and zip. 🤔

(Ticket number is #1710095 ;) )

Edited by Lillith Hapmouche

21 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Got any other ideas or creative approaches, by chance?

if you are the only one contributing tier then make another group (if you haven't already got one) of which you are the only owner

withdraw your tier from the current parcel group. Then set the parcel to sell to yourself for $0.  Then Buy for Group for your other group with Owner transfers Tier, then your new group will be the owner and you never increased your tier payment

then you set the parcel to sell to the public, and you get all the money being the only owner of the other group

edit add. Linden have a 72 hour grace period for a parcel owning group to not have any tier contributed. As you be doing this all within a few minutes then will be ok

Edited by Mollymews

12 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Ahem. I should have mentioned that I'm renting tier from a third party and am myself not a Premium member.

Thank you, but I fear I do not qualify.

talk to the person you are renting the tier from. They should be able to act as the buyer for the new group in this case

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1085 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.