Issue with rental Box

Zahawi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, Everybody, 

Recently I have rented a land and pay land fee L$100 + rent a week  from rental box located beside the land.

after a while i discovered that the rental box dose not give me rental info such time etc.

I tried to contact land managers(in the group of sim) but all of them offline for along time. also i sent an email to their website as an incident, the same also dead :( 

Now what should i do? please i need your help! any ideas?

There is not much you can do. Are you shown as renter of the land? If yes, use the land until the rent expires and move away. If not and the land company doesn't response, your money is probably lost. Don't expect that Linden helps you. They normally feel not responsible for issues between land companies and renters.

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 3

If the landlords/owners are not contactable, your best course of action is to let your current rent run its course then pick up all your stuff and rent somewhere else.

If you don't know how long you've got, just leave it without paying any more, until such time as you get booted off the land. I recommend NOT leaving anything that's no-copy rezzed out in case your stuff gets auto-returned, you may lose it.

When choosing a rental it's a good idea to contact the landlord before paying and ask them a question - doesn't matter what it is, even if you don't NEED to know anythign, just ask them something, so you know how long it takes for them to respond.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

If the landlords/owners are not contactable, your best course of action is to let your current rent run its course then pick up all your stuff and rent somewhere else.

If you don't know how long you've got, just leave it without paying any more, until such time as you get booted off the land. I recommend NOT leaving anything that's no-copy rezzed out in case your stuff gets auto-returned, you may lose it.

When choosing a rental it's a good idea to contact the landlord before paying and ask them a question - doesn't matter what it is, even if you don't NEED to know anythign, just ask them something, so you know how long it takes for them to respond.

As you said  Maitimo,  I should send to owner IM to figure out if they have real support, thanks for your replay :) 

19 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

There is not much you can do. Are you shown as renter of the land? If yes, use the land until the rent expires and move away. If not and the land company doesn't response, your money is probably lost. Don't expect that Linden helps you. They normally feel not responsible for issues between land companies and renters.

Yes Doc Carling i am the renter now, every things fine just the rental box issue! when you click on it show's simple menu (info-pay-notify me),

I forgot to mention that i do have another small shop in the same sim working just fine, i don't know if this helps!!

26 minutes ago, Zahawi said:

Yes Doc Carling i am the renter now, every things fine just the rental box issue! when you click on it show's simple menu (info-pay-notify me),

I forgot to mention that i do have another small shop in the same sim working just fine, i don't know if this helps!!

I had a similar problem with my box recently. It didn't show the acutal stand of my rent. Finally I found out for unknown reasons the box was on my black list. Can't hurt that you check, if your box is perhaps blocked.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

I had a similar problem with my box recently. It didn't show the acutal stand of my rent. Finally I found out for unknown reasons the box was on my black list. Can't hurt that you check, if your box is perhaps blocked.

The first things i checked is the block mater, if the box is blocked the simple menu won't appear either,

Thanks Doc Carling for your concern :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.