Jump to content

Second Life Roads Speed Limit


Recommended Posts

Route 45 is a private motorway but I suppose you could go as fast as 120 km/h, but personally I just go slower than most on many roads because I have a bad historical relationship with sim crossings. Having said that I wouldn't allow police departments to operate in Bedstraw so go however fast you want lol

Edited by Rydia Lacombe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/23/2021 at 9:42 PM, Aethelwine said:

I think I encountered a speed camera on mainland... I have certainly seen them on private sims. They are a bit of fun and encourage speeding as you try to get the highest speed recorded on it.

But seriously if you are dressing up as a cop for a roleplay... you really need to judge this well and be sure anyone you roleplay with is clear that is all it is otherwise you have moved from adding colour and a bit of fun to griefing.

I was caught by a speed cam on Route 8 and 'issued' a speeding ticket.

Only point of bring this up is bragging rights. A speeding ticket. In Second Life.

Soon a highway officer might pull me over and ask for license, registration and proof of insurance. If that happens, I'll think this has gone too far. I'll plead 'traveler' not a driver. This RP could be fun.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What I've driven so far were not really cars, like a hovering car (well, it flies low) or the jet that I fly so low that it's bottom scratches over the road and then see at what speed I can keep it on the road. (near to the max speed of physical vehicles - a round course of course - no sim crossing at that speed) or the tank (you can follow it but not stop it)

It's SL so expect the unexpected. 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Chassie Rowley said:

I was caught by a speed cam on Route 8 and 'issued' a speeding ticket.

Only point of bring this up is bragging rights. A speeding ticket. In Second Life.

Soon a highway officer might pull me over and ask for license, registration and proof of insurance. If that happens, I'll think this has gone too far. I'll plead 'traveler' not a driver. This RP could be fun.

To be fair in Roleplaying regions they do make you get a drivers license and display a license plate on your car as well as having you put this information in your profile.  The only difference is that you are opting in to participate.  

Anywhoo, I think his person basically posted this to be able to link their RL articles for our reading pleasure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

To be fair in Roleplaying regions they do make you get a drivers license and display a license plate on your car as well as having you put this information in your profile.  The only difference is that you are opting in to participate.  

Anywhoo, I think his person basically posted this to be able to link their RL articles for our reading pleasure. 

We were supposed to read that crapola?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/25/2021 at 9:07 AM, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

To be fair in Roleplaying regions they do make you get a drivers license and display a license plate on your car as well as having you put this information in your profile.  The only difference is that you are opting in to participate.  

Anywhoo, I think his person basically posted this to be able to link their RL articles for our reading pleasure. 

I applied for a DL at Belli about two months ago. Still waiting for it (the app did state it could be a while). Didn't notice a license plate application.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2021 at 12:42 AM, Aethelwine said:

I think I encountered a speed camera on mainland... I have certainly seen them on private sims. They are a bit of fun and encourage speeding as you try to get the highest speed recorded on it . . .

 

I fell in love with the mainland speed cams after the first encounter ...wow...like forever ago.  And I'm with Aeth on this, they are a blast to try to set new records for the highest posted speed at the time.  There's always a couple hidden someplace on my sim.  When I encounter them on mainland it still puts a smile on my face as I put the spurs to 'er.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

As Police Chief for the last for Giano Properties Police Department from 2010 (Previously named Newport Keys Police Department for a while in 2010-2012,  Been Chief Mostly the entire time, except a few times i took a few breaks

Over the years we did traffic stops for various speed violations,  responded to disturbance calls, sometimes had as many as every squad car on the roads protecting the citizens of Giano Properties,  Assisting the Fire Department or EMS with traffic control at times,    Residents enjoyed it,  Every Home was rented for a long time over the years,    Every Officer lived on the sim,  and happily went to work, and did the jobs without much direction for myself after initial training.     

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think this is cool lol. It's all for the RP!

I know the aviation groups have rules in place also like having to fly 70m above the ground/water for larger planes. Not that everyone obeys the rules put in place but anyone who is part of the community usually does. When I go out flying (rare these days) I always follow the 70m rule.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...