Making my own eyes for Catwa mesh head

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 94 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

Thank you for responding! I have an entirely different HUD for my head tho. It doesn't include any options for eye texturing. The eye HUD has textures, but no BOM option.

Which eyes are you using?  Did you update your head?

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 12:25 PM, Charalyne Blackwood said:

I haven't found this anywhere yet (or I haven't searched enough), but I got a Catwa head and I can't use any of my own eye designs. Is there a way I can?

17 minutes ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

Thank you for responding! I have an entirely different HUD for my head tho. It doesn't include any options for eye texturing. The eye HUD has textures, but no BOM option.

Catwa Bento v4.5 heads can take Omega for the eyes when you get the Omega Relay.  The BoM button at the top of the skins area of the master HUD also changes the eyes to BoM.  If you have a bento head earlier than v4.5, you can redeliver and get an update for free.

image.thumb.png.186df703a0a60ec1121a57c0565ff24c.png

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Which eyes are you using?  Did you update your head?

Currently using the default eyes that came with the head. I've only had it a month or two, so haven't updated.

4 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Catwa Bento v4.5 heads can take Omega for the eyes when you get the Omega Relay.  The BoM button at the top of the skins area of the master HUD also changes the eyes to BoM.  If you have a bento head earlier than v4.5, you can redeliver and get an update for free.

I'm still learning it all. I have the Omega relay but I've only used it for applying skins (Esode).

Thank you both!

• Like 1

Are the eye textures you made an applier or the regular old system eye textures?  If they're the older system eye textures (BOM now), you'll have to turn that on in the hud as shown above and since you're using an applier skin on your head, you'll need to switch the alpha from applier skin and eyes to applier skin, BOM eyes.   If the eye texture you made is an omega applier, than you will need that omega relay.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

image.thumb.png.186df703a0a60ec1121a57c0565ff24c.png

I've tried that for skins, but the head and eyes all turned red. The HUD strictly for eyes doesn't have BOM tho, have I just not learned to use the HUDs properly? 😮

Eye hud.png

1 minute ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

I've tried that for skins, but the head and eyes all turned red. The HUD strictly for eyes doesn't have BOM tho, have I just not learned to use the HUDs properly? 😮

Eye hud.png

No that means you are in BOM mode but you just have to remove all head and eye alpha mask wearables you have on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Are the eye textures you made an applier or the regular old system eye textures?  If they're the older system eye textures (BOM now), you'll have to turn that on in the hud as shown above and since you're using an applier skin on your head, you'll need to switch the alpha from applier skin and eyes to applier skin, BOM eyes.   If the eye texture you made is an omega applier, than you will need that omega relay.  

Plain old system eyes. I'll tool around with the HUD over the next few days and post a result. Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

Plain old system eyes. I'll tool around with the HUD over the next few days and post a result. Thank you!

Since you turned red, you need to change you alpha layer to applier skin, BOM eyes.  Then, all your eye textures which are now actually BOM, should show on your catwa eyes   You did say you were using an applier skin on your head?

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

So the rule with BoM is take off alpha masks for the parts that have turned BoM.  When you are in BoM mode and you leave them on, those parts show as red.

11 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Since you turned red, you need to change you alpha layer to applier skin, BOM eyes.  Then, all your eye textures which are now actually BOM, should show on your catwa eyes   You did say you were using an applier skin on your head?

Fixed! Thank you so much for the tip! *squealz*

Snapshot_402.png

Snapshot_397.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 94 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.