Kicked out without bann?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ok, this will be a long story, but please read on and give advice if you know what to do. I have a house in SL, but I prefer to use the fitting room. and I have never had a problem before. but yesterday when I teleported there I was kicked out! I was sent to a next region. I flew to the FR and came close enough to start using the pose stand with the help of the camera. but immediately after I stand up from the stand, I am thrown out of the FR again. I wrote to the FR owner if I was banned for some reason. but no, no ban.
how to check if I have some script on me (but I dont know if i have it)?

5 minutes ago, FioreQuintesson said:
ok, this will be a long story, but please read on and give advice if you know what to do. I have a house in SL, but I prefer to use the fitting room. and I have never had a problem before. but yesterday when I teleported there I was kicked out! I was sent to a next region. I flew to the FR and came close enough to start using the pose stand with the help of the camera. but immediately after I stand up from the stand, I am thrown out of the FR again. I wrote to the FR owner if I was banned for some reason. but no, no ban.
how to check if I have some script on me (but I dont know if i have it)?

Did you get some sort of message when you were ejected?  If so, what was it?

Just now, FioreQuintesson said:

no, nothing. not notifications. nothing. and even owner said he didnt ban me

But you were fine when ON the pose stand?  If you were banned somehow, you wouldn't even have been able to enter by camming in and getting on the stand.  Did the owner check his region to see if they could get in?

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

But you were fine when ON the pose stand?  If you were banned somehow, you wouldn't even have been able to enter by camming in and getting on the stand.  Did the owner check his region to see if they could get in?

yes. thats why it is strange.

plus, I figured out some avatar used script to hit me when I was in FR last time. and exactly after this I got my troubles.

yes. thats why it is strange.

plus, I figured out some avatar used script to hit me when I was in FR last time. and exactly after this I got my troubles.

The owner needs to check his region for griefers and any items they may have left behind.  Sandboxes and dressing rooms have always been a haven for these types of things and why I have always avoided them.

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The owner needs to check his region for griefers and any items they may have left behind.  Sandboxes and dressing rooms have always been a haven for these types of things and why I have always avoided them.

even if it is FR with 15 minutes auto-return? (Im new with this kind of things)

even if it is FR with 15 minutes auto-return? (Im new with this kind of things)

As I said, it's something the region owner needs to look into.  It may not be on his region.  It might be a neighboring parcel but unless someone checks, there is no way for us to know what it is.

next time it happens to you then look in menu: Help \ Bumps, Pushes & Hits

if you are being pushed out of the FR by an object then (in most cases) the name of the object owner will show up on this list.  The FR owner can then decide what to do about the object owner

2 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

next time it happens to you then look in menu: Help \ Bumps, Pushes & Hits

if you are being pushed out of the FR by an object then (in most cases) the name of the object owner will show up on this list.  The FR owner can then decide what to do about the object owner

yes, I checked Bumps History, and looks like some avatar hit me there, used some scipt

59 minutes ago, FioreQuintesson said:

yes, I checked Bumps History, and looks like some avatar hit me there, used some scipt

inform the FR owner and they can figure out what they are going to do about it

it might be that the bumper object is a self-replicator which can defeat parcel auto-return. While this can be seen as a deliberate griefing, sometimes it isn't. Some person gets a whole bunch of free stuff and rezzes them out, with no real idea of what the stuff does or how it works. Is why the person rezzes them, to see what they are. And from your description it seems that the object is transparent, so the rezzing person can't immediately see it and thinks that it never rezzed

my advice to the FR owner is to find the object(s) and just return them in the first instance and leave it at that. Which in the non-grief person case will be the end of it. If it starts to happen again at some later time then pretty much deliberate griefing. And FR parcel owner can take more drastic action against that griefer person

the other vector is that the bumper object is being launched from another parcel. In this case the fix is to disallow parcel Object Entry

edit add for completeness

there is a 3rd vector.  When the parcel allows Pushing.  This means that scripted llPushObject can push an avatar on the parcel. In this case the fix is: About Land \ Options \ No Pushing

Edited by Mollymews
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

inform the FR owner and they can figure out what they are going to do about it

it might be that the bumper object is a self-replicator which can defeat parcel auto-return. While this can be seen as a deliberate griefing, sometimes it isn't. Some person gets a whole bunch of free stuff and rezzes them out, with no real idea of what the stuff does or how it works. Is why the person rezzes them, to see what they are. And from your description it seems that the object is transparent, so the rezzing person can't immediately see it and thinks that it never rezzed

my advice to the FR owner is to find the object(s) and just return them in the first instance and leave it at that. Which in the non-grief person case will be the end of it. If it starts to happen again at some later time then pretty much deliberate griefing. And FR parcel owner can take more drastic action against that griefer person

the other vector is that the bumper object is being launched from another parcel. In this case the fix is to disallow parcel Object Entry

edit add for completeness

there is a 3rd vector.  When the parcel allows Pushing.  This means that scripted llPushObject can push an avatar on the parcel. In this case the fix is: About Land \ Options \ No Pushing

thank you so much! will send it FR owner!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.