Your first car

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Paranoia filter activated.

Given that this is a security question on some sites, I'm not saying.

Oh I could lie I suppose.

Not saying is cleaner.

Paranoia filter deactivated.

I never use real information for security questions..

It's fun just making things up.. Like what's your mothers maiden name, I may say something like, Iron Maiden.

hehehe

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I never use real information for security questions..

It's fun just making things up.. Like what's your mothers maiden name, I may say something like, Iron Maiden.

hehehe

OMG! I never thought of making it up..

On 4/28/2021 at 11:44 AM, BelindaN said:

Paranoia filter activated.

Given that this is a security question on some sites, I'm not saying.

Oh I could lie I suppose.

Not saying is cleaner.

Paranoia filter deactivated.

What @Ceka Cianci said.  It is much more safe too choose an answer that's totally different from the question. Example: Your mothers maiden name? Answer: I hate Kitty cat food. Now even when they have your mothers maiden name,  it is useless. Anyway, many people believe they must add a honest answer to their security question. In think it's a kind of conditional reflex. When I started on web, I did it too.

Edited by Doc Carling

10 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

It's a good idea, until you can't remember the answers you gave. Then it's a horrible idea and you lose your account. 

I saved all login datas on a separate USB stick and keep it in my desk. 

2 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

I saved all login datas on a separate USB stick and keep it in my desk. 

Doesn't do much good if it's in your desk at home and you aren't and need it. Or do you carry it with you every where you go? Is that safe? 

Maybe I just think about things too much.

2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Doesn't do much good if it's in your desk at home and you aren't and need it. Or do you carry it with you every where you go? Is that safe? 

Maybe I just think about things too much.

I drive home and get the stick. What's the alternative? To use passwords which are easy to remember but also easy to hack? Well, there is a pro and contra for everything. It's up to everyone to decide for themselves how they keep their passwords safe.

7 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

I drive home and get the stick. What's the alternative? To use passwords which are easy to remember but also easy to hack? Well, there is a pro and contra for everything. It's up to everyone to decide for themselves how they keep their passwords safe.

And while you are driving home getting the stick your account has been frozen and you no longer have access to your money. Easy to hack passwords? Don't be ridiculous. The safest place for my convoluted passwords is in my head.

But! I do agree that everyone has to find what works for them. 😊

• Like 1

I've never owned a car, though I've shared and driven them. The only vehicle I've ever owned outright was a motorcycle. Loved it, but am emissions-free these days... all by foot or pedal power. 🙂 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.