Sim invisible/un-enterable, despite showing active on mini-map etc.

Fangorn Tiger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1078 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

A bug that has caused some problems for me lately is that a specific sim I am trying to enter while flying or driving does not render as being there at all in the main viewer. The sim will show on the mini-map and main map as being active, although I see no people/dots inside it if there are any. Mouse-over the sim in mini-map and the name of sim is missing, while 'double-click to teleport to...' is still there.

On trying to cross into (or teleport into) the sim, I am disconnected from any vehicle I was controlling, left stuck on a border and have to re-log to escape. When I come back the sim is usually always then appearing fine, though I may be re-logged to my previous start sim. My vehicle is usually still going without me or crashed/returned.

This issue seems to occur randomly, but so far has effected mostly airport sims, namely Santa Catalina, although others have played up the same way. Attached a screenshot of the usual appearance of said problem.

Is there anything I can check in the preferences or debug options to try prevent this?

Thanks!

missingsim.jpg

3 answers to this question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1078 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.