Best Rate Buy Question

Arielle Popstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1078 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Trying to buy some lindens before the fees go up and I thought I would try the best rate option for a change. I set it for 249 exchange rate and it came back saying it would take about 10 minutes. I clicked Place Order and the page renewed to a blank white page. I waited a bit thinking it would refresh and show a successful transaction message at some point but it never did and eventually my default homepage showed up. No L$ and my connected Paypal account shows no activity. Is there somewhere that I can see if the buy option is still pending?

Edited by Arielle Popstar

6 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Trying to buy some lindens before the fees go up and I thought I would try the best rate option for a change. I set it for 249 exchange rate and it came back saying it would take about 10 minutes. I clicked Place Order and the page renewed to a blank white page. I waited a bit thinking it would refresh and show a successful transaction message at some point but it never did and eventually my default homepage showed up. No L$ and my connected Paypal account shows no activity. Is there somewhere that I can see if the buy option is still pending?

click the "manage" button at your accountpage (next to the buy button) there you can see if there is a open order in the history

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Check your pop-up blocker.  They Buy window will pop up a new window asking for your password - if that didn't happen, maybe that is the issue.

Otherwise, try a different browser.

If the order did actually happen, I can tell you from very recent experience, that regardless of what time frame it told you for 249, it will not fill today.  I put in a 249 request last Thu afternoon and cancelled it Sat morning since it still wasn't filled.  Whereas 248 filled in 10-15 minutes.  

You can cancel Buy orders from the History page and the money will be returned to your USD balance.  NOTE however, that as of a couple of days ago there was a bug where it was only refunding 1.00 of the 1.49 fee.  I don't know if that is fixed yet.  I had to call Billing to get them to return the additional 49 cents.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Check your pop-up blocker.  They Buy window will pop up a new window asking for your password - if that didn't happen, maybe that is the issue.

Otherwise, try a different browser.

If the order did actually happen, I can tell you from very recent experience, that regardless of what time frame it told you for 249, it will not fill today.  I put in a 249 request last Thu afternoon and cancelled it Sat morning since it still wasn't filled.  Whereas 248 filled in 10-15 minutes.  

You can cancel Buy orders from the History page.

I realize now after checking the history that the white page that came up after I clicked the Place Order button, should have been the one with the Buy button. That never appeared for whatever reason so the buy order never completed. Problem I am running into now though is that on clicking the Buy Now button I get the "There was a problem charging your payment method." message. Everything seems fine on PayPal's and my end and I;ve used that account before so not sure what's up. More reading required. 

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I realize now after checking the history that the white page that came up after I clicked the Place Order button, should have been the one with the Buy button. That never appeared for whatever reason so the buy order never completed. Problem I am running into now though is that on clicking the Buy Now button I get the "There was a problem charging your payment method." message. Everything seems fine on PayPal's and my end and I;ve used that account before so not sure what's up. More reading required. 

Could even be fallout from the changes they've made to the back-end systems in prep for tomorrow's fee change.  I'd just call Billing now to get it figured out.

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Could even be fallout from the changes they've made to the back-end systems in prep for tomorrow's fee change.  I'd just call Billing now to get it figured out.

Phoned and they didn't think it was on their end and suggested I delete and re-add the billing info on the account. Otherwise a support ticket :(

Thx for the tip.

• Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1078 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.