Shiny new page???

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This  cover is not the best idea in my opinion. If Linden sees the general public as target group, the current cover fails to address it. As a surfer I would think it's a world meant for role players which are into mystical creatures.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

This  cover is not the best idea in my opinion. If Linden sees the general public as target group, the current cover fails to address it. As a surfer I would think it's a world meant for role players which are into mystical creatures.

I wouldn't even go that far, when I first saw it I thought of a Lucas Arts Disney's Industrial Sound and Magic advert.

Edited by Drayke Newall
  • Like 3

We don't know what Linden plans. Perhaps they see Second Life's future as a game platform for a specific target group,  younger people for example.  Fact is that with the current SL they have to fight hard  for each cent more profit. The discussion about the new payment fee is a good example. No commercial company can be happy with such a situation. I'm sure they break their mind about alternatives.

23 minutes ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

Shouldn't somebody be suggesting that a shiny new age spells the end of SL? 

We shouldn't use that to threat Linden. The end of SL doesn't automatically mean the end of Linden Lab. They can start a new project any time. It's us which will suffering. And that's why we have the largest interest to keep it alive. Not Linden.

Edited by Doc Carling

Wish they would give the Marketplace a shiney new update. Didnt they say they were rebranding with a new logo a long time ago? MP is still using the old logo 🙄 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chris Nova said:

Wish they would give the Marketplace a shiney new update. Didnt they say they were rebranding with a new logo a long time ago? MP is still using the old logo 🙄 

Oh yeah, now that you mention it. But the Marketplace isn't alone: Many SL web properties are still using the old logo including

• wiki.secondlife.com
  • search.secondlife.com
  • my.secondlife.com
  • go.secondlife.com
  • connect.secondlife.com
  • support.secondlife.com
  • maps.secondlife.com

and other than the browser tab favicon, secondlife.com

• /destinations
  • /my (dashboard)

Maybe changing the logo just before a big cloud migration wasn't the best project planning?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

With a bit Photoshop, yes. 

No way is that an avatar. Lots of photoshop: Yes. But I would bet money the base is not from Second Life.

That is either...

a) a real life human being in a costume, heavy theater make up and LOTS of photoshop (one of my hobbies is Cosplay, so my eye is familiar with how some of the heavy editing fantasy photoshoot pictures turn out.)

b) something entirely made outside of Second Life in advanced 3D rendering programs, because it also has this "Big budget fantasy game/movie trailer" vibe going on.

Whatever it is _that_ is not archieveable in SL and shouldn't be used for advertisement. It gives unrealistic expectations to newbies and looks out of place for veterans.

Edit: Looks like my Cosplayer-instincts were right, that is a RL woman in a costume with heavy photoshop:

She is first seen at around 1:12, getting dressed. So its from a professional add. Still...terrible choice without the proper context.

Edited by Syo Emerald

• Administrators

Alrighty, I've gone through and cleaned up this thread a little as we were starting to veer off into discussions that are not quite on topic or appropriate.

Please remember that when engaging on the forums that you remain on topic, and while we value feedback (even negative feedback) we ask that you share this feedback in a constructive manner and do not make inappropriate remarks/jabs about our employees.

Since there is already another thread open on this topic, I'm going to go ahead and close this one. Please feel free to continue discussing the new Secondlife.com page here:

Thanks!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.