Damn nature, you scarey!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Anyone else watching the snow fall on their freshly cut grass?

I've mowed it several times this season already, too...

Last night I was watching the snow fall (and last Saturday) though last nights 3-4" is already completely melted off the streets/sidewalks and just about melted on the grass. 

We have not yet mowed our lawn this year, but it is about due and the early flowers have bloomed.  I live in Colorado though and snows this time of year are actually fairly common and thus not unexpected.

9 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Anyone else watching the snow fall on their freshly cut grass?

Ah, so that's where all the snow went! I don't think we've ever had less of it where I live than this winter. A few days ago we had a heat wave with temperature all the way up to 14C (57F)!!! Today it's back to a more normal 4C (40F).

5 hours ago, ChinRey said:

Ah, so that's where all the snow went! I don't think we've ever had less of it where I live than this winter.

Our winter was quite dry compared to normal -- until about 6 weeks ago.  I'm pretty sure we've had more snow in the last 6 weeks than the entire 6 months before that.

Given that Colorado is currently only at 85% of average snowpack, I'll not complain too much about the recent snow.  They are already forecasting record low levels for a couple of the damned lakes that provide parts of the west with their summer water. They may drop low enough that we get our first Federally declared water shortage. There is even a projection that shows Hoover Damn may be in danger of not being able to generate as much electricity as it normally does.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

23 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Given that Colorado is currently only at 85% of average snowpack, I'll not complain too much about the recent snow.  They are already forecasting record low levels for a couple of the damned lakes that provide parts of the west with their summer water. They may drop low enough that we get our first Federally declared water shortage. There is even a projection that shows Hoover Damn may be in danger of not being able to generate as much electricity as it normally does.

https://www.vox.com/22392710/southwest-water-drought-arizona-nevada-california-colorado-river-lake-mead-climate-change

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

We've occasionally had snow in May.

We thankfully avoided major tree damage during this...

https://www.jsonline.com/story/life/green-sheet/2018/05/02/when-milwaukee-had-real-snowstorm-mid-may-blizzard-waukesha-pewaukee/571355002/

I love freaky weather, even the storm that bruised me with golf ball sized hail as I walked along the grass runway at the airport where I learned to fly. I fared better than the airplanes tethered outside.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

I thought this was about stuff like this oldie but goodie

deer-attacks-back-hunter-who-came-to-kil-it | Vegan animals, Deer, Hunting  season

When I was a kid, our neighbor's german shepherd encountered a buck in the woods and was chased, yelping, back into the house. It was bruised and shaken, but not seriously injured. It wouldn't go outside for weeks.

There's also this... https://www.fieldandstream.com/arkansas-hunter-killed-by-buck-he-shot/

There be monsters out there!

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

I thought this was about stuff like this oldie but goodie

deer-attacks-back-hunter-who-came-to-kil-it | Vegan animals, Deer, Hunting  season

Oh yeah. The idiot who thought it was smart to douse himself (boots) with a certain aroma and then go out in search of a 12 point.

It's been around almost as long as SL.

https://us.blastingnews.com/news/2016/11/deer-attacks-hunter-viral-video-resurfaces-of-deer-relentlessly-attacking-man-hunting-it-001236741.html

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

Oh, the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

It was a nice spring day here, a bit cold towards the evening but I'm happy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.