About Landmark and Show on Map issues

JudiLynn India

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Recently, I've noticed that I can no longer "Show on Map" for many of my landmarks. (Either my own or received from others).  Before I go places, I often like to show it on the map to see how many people are there.  But I can't anymore. Some landmarks still let me, but most don't - even ones that used to.
Also, I can't bring up About Landmark for them. The Landmark window will just say "Loading ...".
Am I the only one having this new problem?

8 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, JudiLynn India said:

Recently, I've noticed that I can no longer "Show on Map" for many of my landmarks. (Either my own or received from others).  Before I go places, I often like to show it on the map to see how many people are there.  But I can't anymore. Some landmarks still let me, but most don't - even ones that used to.
Also, I can't bring up About Landmark for them. The Landmark window will just say "Loading ...".
Am I the only one having this new problem?

I had something similar happen yesterday:  I right clicked an LM and selected 'Show on Map' and it did not even open the map.  No matter how many times I tried.  For that case, a relog fixed it.  I didn't play around with other LMs or do any other research into the issue at that time. but it might be some fallout/bug resulting from the fix that they put in for the Map problems.

On 4/20/2021 at 3:01 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I had something similar happen yesterday:  I right clicked an LM and selected 'Show on Map' and it did not even open the map.  No matter how many times I tried.  For that case, a relog fixed it.  I didn't play around with other LMs or do any other research into the issue at that time. but it might be some fallout/bug resulting from the fix that they put in for the Map problems.

I put a ticket in to LL about it. It turns out, it was an inventory bug. They had me download and install the newest version of the SL Browser. Logging in, clearing the caceh and letting inventory load, ran the script that fixed the bug. Then I logged back into my Firestorm browser and everything is working fine. All landmarks are opening and the map is showing.

3 hours ago, JudiLynn India said:

I put a ticket in to LL about it. It turns out, it was an inventory bug. They had me download and install the newest version of the SL Browser. Logging in, clearing the caceh and letting inventory load, ran the script that fixed the bug. Then I logged back into my Firestorm browser and everything is working fine. All landmarks are opening and the map is showing.

Thanks - if it happens to me again, I'll keep this in mind.

I have been having this problem a lot over recent weeks.  It has reached the point where I can almost never get "Show on Map" to work.

I tried the procedure described above, using the SL viewer to clear and rebuild my inventory cache.  Unfortunately, this does not seem to have resolved the problem.  Does anyone have any other ideas?

I have just started to get this problem also.  I have loaded up SLViewer etc as stated above (don't know what script they are referring too ), loaded up firestorm and still the "show on map" function does not work.  This has been happening before the new firestorm version and a fresh install of the new one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.