Galaxy Ship

deplove

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I already knew about the big Galaxy cruise ship. I went back a few days ago for a photo report for one of my dress models. After taking the photos, I stayed a while to visit. I find it beautiful but like so many places in SL, even my neighborhood in Bellisseria is always sadly deserted. There is a fabulous ballroom aft, and I wonder why Galaxy can't become a meeting center for us Bellisseria residents? why can't there be a day or a couple of days with a DJ to dance in this beautiful room, and to make everyone feel comfortable (not all of us come from the states) from 1 slt to 3 slt? It would be a place to socialize, I know that many of you talk to each other in chat, for me it is a bit difficult to follow, sometimes slang terms are used and I always have to run to the translator to understand something, but it would not be nice to have a place to meet ? obviously that it was also open to our friends and companions, like my husband, who is not a resident of Belli. I ask the kind Patch Linden, always ready for suggestions, can you do something? but I hope so even if I imagine that my post will be a pebble thrown into the ocean of SL
Thanks for reading me ... and if you feel like telling me what you think.

bandicam 2021-04-19 16-02-04-279.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks Patch I was sure you would have answered me, you are always available, so I am waiting to receive an invitation to the grand opening gala through the Bellisseria citizens group, so I can show off my clothes 😁. But please, if you organize, think about us Europeans too, so from 1pm slt it would be fine. A kiss

17 minutes ago, deplove said:

Thanks Patch I was sure you would have answered me, you are always available, so I am waiting to receive an invitation to the grand opening gala through the Bellisseria citizens group, so I can show off my clothes 😁. But please, if you organize, think about us Europeans too, so from 1pm slt it would be fine. A kiss

Well, it's not Patch or the Lindens who organise events.  It's residents.  If you have an event in mind that you'd liek to see happen on the Galaxy, organise it yourself and put in a request to hire the ship for however long you need it. If you need advice, join the Bellisseria Events group and ask in there how the process works in terms of reserving the region and getting rights such as music stream, rezzing etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Note that the 'form' that the wiki links to is actually just the read-only fairgrounds calendar.  To schedule and event at any of Belli's public venues (e.g. Randlesham, Campwich Lodge, the Party Zone), you can contact @Mischievious Mole .  Note that in her profile she points to this form to reserve the Fairgrounds; as Sylvia said, the rules given and information requested would be the same for any venue. 

People also throw small, spontaneous parties on little notice at public venues.  You see this sometimes in Belli Citizens group, but anyone can do it.  You still have to adhere to the general rules, and be welcoming to anyone who shows up.  Your DJ should have a stream that people can listen to outside of SL (e.g. via WinAmp, AIMP, etc..).  Someone usually has a chim attached so that people can dance in synchrony if they want.  If you want party decorations, remember that old trick where an alt seated near the entrance can attach party deco to their center and, so long as they don't move, voila, you can have stacks of balloons, a banner, a notecard/party favor giver, whatever.  Your alt can also use a dance anim as a ground sit, so that they are dancing while your deco stays in place.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• Moles
7 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Note that the 'form' that the wiki links to is actually just the read-only fairgrounds calendar.  To schedule and event at any of Belli's public venues (e.g. Randlesham, Campwich Lodge, the Party Zone), you can contact @Mischievious Mole .  Note that in her profile she points to this form to reserve the Fairgrounds; as Sylvia said, the rules given and information requested would be the same for any venue. 

People also throw small, spontaneous parties on little notice at public venues.  You see this sometimes in Belli Citizens group, but anyone can do it.  You still have to adhere to the general rules, and be welcoming to anyone who shows up.  Your DJ should have a stream that people can listen to outside of SL (e.g. via WinAmp, AIMP, etc..).  Someone usually has a chim attached so that people can dance in synchrony if they want.  If you want party decorations, remember that old trick where an alt seated near the entrance can attach party deco to their center and, so long as they don't move, voila, you can have stacks of balloons, a banner, a notecard/party favor giver, whatever.  Your alt can also use a dance anim as a ground sit, so that they are dancing while your deco stays in place.

Though if your alt crashes for whatever reason, it'll take the decorations with it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Though if your alt crashes for whatever reason, it'll take the decorations with it.

That just makes it more exciting!

(Though on event notes, the various pickles are good for random small dance parties if you're looking for a place that doesn't need booking.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Love the huge Galaxy ship and in the lobby from western side docking, there is a nice guide to the ship: SS Galaxy Ship Directory Map

Now, no one should TP direct to the ship! Sail to it from for example Kuga with rezz area, enjoy the view of the amazing liner as you sail to and around it.

20210421_ss_galaxy.thumb.png.b427fd568d32f7e3639d9fa8c5df7c39.png

And crank up draw distance to max to enjoy the view to the east of Bellisseria.

Edited by Rachel1206
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Rachel1206 said:

Love the huge Galaxy ship and in the lobby from western side docking, there is a nice guide to the ship: SS Galaxy Ship Directory Map

Now, no one should TP direct to the ship! Sail to it from for example Kuga with rezz area, enjoy the view of the amazing liner as you sail to and around it.

There's a rez-zone lighthouse nearby, or go south to the lighthouse at Ebb Tide for a longer ride.  There's also a road and water rez zone by the coast in either north Soggy Shore or south Yearning.  I used to have a home in the general vicinity, as well as several friends who had spots nearby.  Great journeys over to the U.S.S. Galaxy.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

Questo lo rende solo più eccitante!

(Anche se sulle note dell'evento, i vari sottaceti sono buoni per piccole feste da ballo casuali se stai cercando un posto che non necessita di prenotazione.)

and how about mushrooms as tasty as you? be careful that you look like a tasty mushroom ...🍄

• 11 months later...

I was wondering if anyone knew where the Galaxy's first home location from 2007-2015 was, before she became a preserved museum ship in 2015. "Sagittarian Sea" is a bit vague, I cannot find anywhere with those names.

In 2015-2020 she was located south of the Honah Lee regions, then was moved to Bellisseria in January 2020. But where did she originate from in 2007?

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen

1 hour ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I was wondering if anyone knew where the Galaxy's first home location from 2007-2015 was, before she became a preserved museum ship in 2015. "Sagittarian Sea" is a bit vague, I cannot find anywhere with those names.

In 2015-2020 she was located south of the Honah Lee regions, then was moved to Bellisseria in January 2020. But where did she originate from in 2007?

Per Google: https://www.engadget.com/2008-05-07-cruise-on-a-luxury-liner-the-ss-galaxy.html

It was near Sagittaria, a region that no longer exists. 

*puts thread back to sleep*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

For future historical record reasons, I've tracked down where S.S. Galaxy first originated from in 2007, using the Second Life Grid Survey website.

1077398215_SSGalaxyfirstlocation.thumb.png.0a2acd19b9aaa555dc4d5c64f404500a.png

1653098604_SSGalaxyOriginalRegions.thumb.png.5120fcd0a5a9aacb3779db8a923750da.png

^ Present day (15th April 2022) nearest regions to S.S. Galaxy's original 2007-2015 position 

SS Galaxy was created off the mainland in private island regions in 2007 by Bill Stirling. The regions around this location are the "Sagittarian Sea" of Galaxy's legend! A former senior member of her crew has told me Galaxy was then moved to the Blake Sea/Honah Lee area in November 2009. She was open there until closure in 2015.

Thankfully, the Galaxy was saved during 2015 and transferred to a Linden Labs preservation group as a museum ship. If you go aboard the Galaxy and find the ship's control room bridge, there's a map on the wall from this time. I've added in some labels:

720844522_SSGalaxysecondlocation.thumb.jpg.68108737f993ab65aebacee6da7351bb.jpg

And in January 2020, she somehow pulled up her anchors and cruised down to Belliserria.... which is both impressive and impossible, as theres no existing waterway to do that yet. (!) 😜

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/20/2021 at 7:43 PM, Rachel1206 said:

Did we ever get a rez zone near the ship so you can sail back?

I like the model of the ssg in lobby area. I will only share positive stories lol. while exploring ssg found lots of new artists via furnishings. reminds me of the shinning i used to have a little tricycle for my teddy and rode around there 😁

On 4/15/2022 at 10:29 AM, animats said:

Did we ever get a rez zone near the ship so you can sail back?

On 4/15/2022 at 11:10 AM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

No rez zone, but theres a Swan boat rezzer at her entrance jetty in the Galaxy AFT region.

Yep.  It's a 3 minute swan boat ride from the Galaxy Aft small east dock to the Kuga lighthouse, which has docks and rez zones.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.