You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1091 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

so i know it can be hard as a newbie....

i've been on SL for 4 years and only in 2020 i really started paying attention and really trying to get things straight. so im not gonna lie, playing second life for the first time is very very hard...🤪 especially if you dont have someone helping you or if you dont fine someone willing to help you.😶 dont get frustrated. there are acutally videos and tips blogs even on instagram and facebook  and here you can get help from the second life community.😘 So dont get scared. I still dont fully understand second life yet, but im getting there and im willing to learn and push my self forward....🥰 i will share tipss. ill be doing product promos as well as learning the base of sl.😉 ill be blogging everyday just to get the hang of it. so my blogs will mainly ain the newbies, and some of us who are here but still dont really understand or is still confused.. until later. have a great day everyone...🤩

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MiniXxBoss said:

so i know it can be hard as a newbie....

i've been on SL for 4 years and only in 2020 i really started paying attention and really trying to get things straight. so im not gonna lie, playing second life for the first time is very very hard...🤪 especially if you dont have someone helping you or if you dont fine someone willing to help you.😶 dont get frustrated. there are acutally videos and tips blogs even on instagram and facebook  and here you can get help from the second life community.😘 So dont get scared. I still dont fully understand second life yet, but im getting there and im willing to learn and push my self forward....🥰 i will share tipss. ill be doing product promos as well as learning the base of sl.😉 ill be blogging everyday just to get the hang of it. so my blogs will mainly ain the newbies, and some of us who are here but still dont really understand or is still confused.. until later. have a great day everyone...🤩

Since you'll be blogging daily you might want to put a link to wherever you're hosting your blog (Blogger, Wordpress, Weebly, etc) in your signature here so that interested parties can visit to read your posts.

(I assume that you're writing it elsewhere? The official Second Life forums are not the place for blog posts and product promos.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Atosuria Daviau said:

I rember when I was new first outfit I ever bought i wore that box on my head darn it! Time to time I will attach a prim cube to my head for the lols

Attach a box and do the noob run.  Good times!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MiniXxBoss said:

oh sorry, i saw bloggin here and when i touched it, it sent me here to blog. i didnt know that u have to use a app to blog? what sense that makes?its weird.. cause i clicked the blogging thing in shop and it sent me here.. lol

This is the official Second Life community. The blog part of this site is for LL to share public announcements. The forums .. Are forums.

Blogs in general are their own sites, that's not weird, that's how they work.

47 minutes ago, MiniXxBoss said:

oh sorry, i saw bloggin here and when i touched it, it sent me here to blog. i didnt know that u have to use a app to blog? what sense that makes?its weird.. cause i clicked the blogging thing in shop and it sent me here.. lol

The only blogs associated with this community are ones done by official LL approval.

https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/

Tons of people in SL do blog, as Skell pointed out, on offsite websites.

Good luck and have fun!

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

There are free blog sites where you can try out the software and the experience of blogging. WordPress is the cadillac of blog software. They offer a free version with hosting. They do take all the advertising revenue. If you want to make money from the blog, you will have to buy hosting from a company that sells it. Then sign up with an ad company.

I think you need to build to about 1,000 visitors a day to make it worth the costs. That is reasonably easy to do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MiniXxBoss said:

i didnt know that u have to use a app to blog? what sense that makes?

Two of the most popular blogging platforms are Blogger & WordPress, i started accounts with both and kept up with Blogger as i found it easier to use. once you are set up you can join the "SL Blogger Network". It's an official initiative from LL and you have the chance of your posts being featured on the "Community News" section of the SL blog. All the info you need to participate can be found here

• Like 2

On 4/19/2021 at 6:22 PM, Claireschen Hesten said:

Two of the most popular blogging platforms are Blogger & WordPress, i started accounts with both and kept up with Blogger as i found it easier to use. once you are set up you can join the "SL Blogger Network". It's an official initiative from LL and you have the chance of your posts being featured on the "Community News" section of the SL blog. All the info you need to participate can be found here

I'd recommend starting with Blogger as it is simplified (compared to WP) and then later on porting over to WordPress for more features if needed. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1091 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.