Deeding TV to Linden Home?

Jazzmine Melodious

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

34 minutes ago, Candeelicious said:

Is it possible to deed my VEA TV to my Linden Home so I can use it? It's rezzed under my group name. And I tried to deed the land to my group. Is that not allowed?

SOME media things (media in the 'general sense) have to be 'deeded' to the land group rather than just 'set' to the group -- no clue why.  However, since you cannot deed your Linden Home to a group, if you have that sort of product, you are out of luck using it at your Linden Home.  If you are having issues and the info about the product does not specifically say it must be 'deeded' to the land group, then contact the product creator.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

• Moles
5 hours ago, Candeelicious said:

Is it possible to deed my VEA TV to my Linden Home so I can use it? It's rezzed under my group name. And I tried to deed the land to my group. Is that not allowed?

You can't deed your land to a group, but there's no reason why you would need to.   You can set it to a group if you want, so friends and alts can rez things there if they're wearing the right group tag, but you remain the owner.

I think, based on how I know SL TV sets work, that if you re-read the instructions you'll find that they tell to you deed  the TV to a landgroup if the land belongs to a group and not to you.  But since it does belong to you, then your TV set and remote (if it has one) should work as expected, because it belongs to the owner of the parcel.   

So no, you can't deed the TV to your Linden Home (objects can't own other objects) and you can't deed the land to a group because it's non-transferrable by design, but I am sure you don't need to do either.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

I think, based on how I know SL TV sets work, that if you re-read the instructions you'll find that they tell to you deed  the TV to a landgroup if the land belongs to a group and not to you.  But since it does belong to you, then your TV set and remote (if it has one) should work as expected, because it belongs to the owner of the parcel.   

This has always been my experience, that the issue arises only if the land is owned by a group. It could be your own group, or it could be a group that owns a parcel that you are renting, but neither of those apply in Bellisseria. 

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.