Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

The experts agree! Splish splash, I was taking a bath :)

After splish splashing for an hour in Lake Michigan, where fish routinely pee and poop, sitting in my own bathtub (where I don't) seems relatively quite harmless.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same here 🙂 I don't understand the fear about sitting in your own dirt? Unless you work at a sewage plant it's not that bad 🤣

Miss Lucy had a baby She named him Tiny Tim She put him in the bath tub To teach him how to swim. He drank up all the water He ate up all the soap He tried to eat the bathtub But it w

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

After splish splashing for an hour in Lake Michigan, where fish routinely pee and poop, sitting in my own bathtub (where I don't) seems relatively quite harmless.

Oh wow...I would be too scared to go into any lakes or rivers in London..full of shopping trolleys and plastic bags :o

ETA https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/apr/08/the-river-lea-is-plagued-by-pollution-it-is-no-place-for-a-swim

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I tried to restrain myself but alas, I could not.

 

e8ecb531c0f86c0f341ab9f418b2a7ea.png

 

I learned it as:

Beans, beans, good for the heart. 

The more you eat the more you fart.

The more you fart the better you feel.

So eat your beans at every meal.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

After splish splashing for an hour in Lake Michigan, where fish routinely pee and poop, sitting in my own bathtub (where I don't) seems relatively quite harmless.

 

You know what else fish do in water? How do you think baby fish get into the water? 🤭

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Just because I'm curious and was having this discussion with a few friends, I wanted to get some other input.  Shower or bath, morning or evening?

Both.. I shower first, then soak :P for a while in the claw foot tub.  My sister, who is 11 years younger than i am decided it was called a Showth when she was 5ish. It seems to have caught on with my kids.

21 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

 

You know what else fish do in water? How do you think baby fish get into the water? 🤭

Isnt that why the ocean is salty?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I think if I had a nice big Jacuzzi bath, I'd be in there a lot although getting in and out might be a problem with the bad hip.  Right now, we're thinking of replacing our tub/shower combo with a walk in shower.  

I love the idea of a Jacuzzi bath but they are really unhygienic with soap and what not getting clogged up in the jacuzzi system. Something i've missed doing due to covid restrictions is going to the swimming pool and using the Jacuzzi bubbles there

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any alternatives to bathing or showering? I had to bathe for about two weeks a long time ago using a cup and a 5 gallon bucket of cold water. I managed to go from using 5 gallons to only 2 gallons. I read that astronauts just wipe themselves down with a wet towel. When I was younger I thought about making a bag that you can climb into that was filled with soapy water and then it sucked all the air out so you would just move around inside the bag and get clean. Then it would fill with clean water a few times to rinse yourself off. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

Are there any alternatives to bathing or showering? I had to bathe for about two weeks a long time ago using a cup and a 5 gallon bucket of cold water. I managed to go from using 5 gallons to only 2 gallons. I read that astronauts just wipe themselves down with a wet towel. When I was younger I thought about making a bag that you can climb into that was filled with soapy water and then it sucked all the air out so you would just move around inside the bag and get clean. Then it would fill with clean water a few times to rinse yourself off. 

A PTA bath.  😄😆 

My mother actually calls them this

A short yet efficient "wash-up" or mini-bath in which a woman washes her Privates, Tatas, and Armpits, usually after sex-on-the-go or when rushing out to breakfast after a night of partying.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

Since working from home, I take a shower every other day and usually in the morning. Southern California used to have a water shortage for a many years and everyone became conscious of their water usage.

We have the sort of the opposite problem; we have a *lot* of non-potable water due to contamination in the Karst water table. (Mining residue)

I haven't drunk or cooked with tap- water since before my son was born, and due to the "treatment" tapwater relieves here, I bathed him in bottled water when he was a baby because the stuff from the tap turned his skin red. We had a straight-up "water crisis" going when he was born and I remember seeing the Army Reserve and Guard setting up their Reverse Osmosis water purification system and handing out gallon jugs of "safe" water as I was bringing him home for the first time.

I have a "water service" to handle cooking/drinking now that its just me and the tap-water is safe for bathing.

So I can afford the water for baths and showers and washing the car; it's not good for much else.

  • Sad 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

A PTA bath.  😄😆 

My mother actually calls them this

A short yet efficient "wash-up" or mini-bath in which a woman washes her Privates, Tatas, and Armpits, usually after sex-on-the-go or when rushing out to breakfast after a night of partying.

My gran used to call those.. umm.. how to put this.. Another word for lady of the evening that starts with a W Bath. Apparently when she was younger she knew a few of them. They would clean up with a damp washcloth. In the 70s they switched to baby wipes. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

My gran used to call those.. umm.. how to put this.. Another word for lady of the evening that starts with a W Bath. Apparently when she was younger she knew a few of them. They would clean up with a damp washcloth. In the 70s they switched to baby wipes. 

I've heard them called that, too.  Although, probably not from mom. 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

Since working from home, I take a shower every other day and usually in the morning. 

 

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

A short yet efficient "wash-up" or mini-bath in which a woman washes her Privates, Tatas, and Armpits, usually after sex-on-the-go or when rushing out to breakfast after a night of partying.

 

With the constant WFH, I also only shower every other day these days, unless I will be going out somewhere on the 'off' day.

If I'm not going out, then I'll do the mini-washup using baby wipes.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

 

 

With the constant WFH, I also only shower every other day these days, unless I will be going out somewhere on the 'off' day.

If I'm not going out, then I'll do the mini-washup using baby wipes.

And I thought I was the only one on the every other day schedule.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

And I thought I was the only one on the every other day schedule.

I actually think many folks that are full time at home are doing it --- at least if they don't need to go out anywhere on the off days.

Most folks just won't admit to not bathing/showering daily. 

Hell, it's not like I'm working up much of a sweat sitting in this chair on the computer for my entire workday, and then sitting here off & on after work to play in SL and/or chat on these forums.  If I was running after kids all day, that might be a different story, but I've no kids at home anymore.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

And I thought I was the only one on the every other day schedule.

Its better for your skin that way 🙂 Unfortunately, since I insist on exercising a lot (I need it as I am at that point in life) and I work in an industry that “encourages” a daily dunking - I get a minimum of one shower/bath a day and usually 2.

My skincare program is almost my religion.

 

image.gif

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

If I had a bathtub at home I'd probably be in it soaking all the time! 

I usually take one or two showers during the day depending on my activity like home workout or going to the gym. During summer time there have been times when I've showered about 6-7 times a day to cool off :P

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyday = Showers. (General water wastage concerns).
Special occasions = Bathe. But I have to have earnt it. 
(hard slog business related success) etc.
Then we're talking oils, candles, bubbles, music, a nip of liquor,
multiple bath refills and quite possibly a.... snooze. 😲😋 
I can't drown in there, I am too tall to do so.

Edited by Maryanne Solo
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:

I can't drown in there, I am too tall to do so.

   People drown in soup bowls .. And, apparently, in cats' water bowls .. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I mainly prefer a shower; every evening for sure, because I dislike the idea of getting into bed when I'm not clean. Morning too when I can, though not every day and never before work because I have a tendency to stay in the shower far too long and make myself late. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2021 at 5:10 PM, Rowan Amore said:

I tried to restrain myself but alas, I could not.

 

e8ecb531c0f86c0f341ab9f418b2a7ea.png

My g'ma says this almost every time we have beans, but I've never heard the 2nd couplet, Thanks!

And to the OP. . . I'm rather disgusting and don't really bathe as often as I should, but when I do definitely baths, with a short shower after if I feel like washing my hair. I love running the much-too-hot water over my hands as the tub fills up.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2021 at 1:43 AM, Madelaine McMasters said:

After splish splashing for an hour in Lake Michigan, where fish routinely pee and poop

Not to talk about all the dead bodies which they disposed in Lake Michigan in times of the prohibition and gang wars. (And perhaps still dispose.)

Edited by Doc Carling
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

Not to talk about all the dead bodies which they disposed in Lake Michigan in times of the prohibition and gang wars. (And perhaps still dispose.)

That's part of the fish poop..hehehe

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...