I spy with my little eye .. A working map?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 61 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I received an in-world notice from a driving group that just said 'the maps are fixed!!!' .. So I went to have a look, and, I can actually see the map!

So it's fixed, finally?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

In the Linden Homes subforum, they say the map is working mostly in the newest part of Bellisseria, not all, with some fails here and there. It appear to be a work in progress, but finally LL has started to work on fixing the map.

• Like 2

Hm, been looking at the map for a little bit now .. Didn't realise how far away the chalet regions were from the old mainland Bellisseria .. I do like the looks of that channel though, perhaps one day you'll be able to sail all the way from my place to the Fairgrounds island.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

In the Linden Homes subforum, they say the map is working mostly in the newest part of Bellisseria, not all, with some fails here and there. It appear to be a work in progress, but finally LL has started to work on fixing the map.

The last Grid Status info on it --- from Thursday -- said that they have a "fix in testing".   My guess is that is why there are possibly things not totally right with it yet.  It does seem to be "mostly" correct everywhere though.

• Like 1

Woa, yes. Those five regions that had been added to my friend's estate since last November finally showed up too. And they're pretty far off from Bellisseria. w00t! xD

Hopefully, Gridsurvey will still be able to steal the new textures so scripted maps in-world finally get updated too.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Hopefully, Gridsurvey will still be able to steal the new textures so scripted maps in-world finally get updated too.

We really need the map tile generation service to create temporary/replaceable UUIDs that can be accessed via the LSL function llGetEnv("region_map_image") and not have to wait for a third party service to release them 3 days later, which gridsurvey does.

It would also be nice to have the map tile generation triggered when a new navmesh is baked and that region map tile image updated and available immediately if not after a minimum of 1 hour to deter possible bot/idiot actions.

• Like 2
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 61 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.