I want to get a stream for my land that plays my music like a radio?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you own a parcel you can set the music stream by typing in the URL of the stream on the Sound tab of the Land Tool. Or you can install something that might be called a "radio" to switch the music stream for you. Follow the instructions of the radio creator (read the notecard). At some point during the installation, you will have to do a "deed to group". This means you rez the radio on your parcel, edit it and click the Share and Deed to Group checkboxes. Then the radio will be able to switch the streams. Note: This does NOT work on a Linden Home parcel. Good luck.

It is possible that I misunderstood your question. If you have music at home that you want to stream into your parcel, then you need to do what DJs do and acquire an internet music stream. Dunno any details. Then you take that stream URL and set it up in your parcel, as decribed above.

Edited by diamond Marchant

If you own your land/ parcel  streaming is the way to go.  If you can find an empty box,  Streamhood streams are 25L a week. At that point all you need to do is find streams you like.  

Sometimes when I go roaming I'll hear a really good radio stream and write it down in a NC I have for that purpose.

You need a stream with Auto DJ function I believe.. those streams can play mp3 files (you can upload mp3 with website.) and it will play mp3 with loop.

Ask stream owner if they have auto DJ (upload and auto play mp3 files feature).

Or you can keep your computer open and stream it yourself via DJ software.

If you are looking for just music but you don't want to stream yourself.. you can find a list here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Music_streams (not sure if its up to date.)

You can also visit SIMs related with music and check if their stream address open to everyone.. you can use their adress in your parcel / SIM if you like their music.

Edited by RunawayBunny
Additional info...

On 4/17/2021 at 3:19 PM, Foggypebble Muircastle said:

I think I'd like to go with digistream but it's all completely baffling to me what I'm supposed to buy and do. I am at the office room where you buy the streams/servers. What do I do now?

suggest that you learn how to do this with a shoutcast Freemium account. Cost is $0

Freemium means that you set up the server on your computer. Serve the music yourself to your parcel (til you figure out how it works)

once you learn how it all works then can look into paid hosting services

Freemium is here: https://www.shoutcast.com/Pricing

You can always use WinAmp which is free, with the free Shoutcast plugin you can download.  Despite Winamp not being supported for 4 years, it still all works.

These are the step by step instructions for Winamp shoutcast music streaming from your computer.  You still need to buy a stream. The cheapest ones are 10 listeners at 128 kbps stereo, for around 100 $L/month.  

http://www.kickazz.com/WINAMP SETUP PAGE.htm

Kickazz also has the steps to use with other modern music/DJ systems, but for just playing music winamp will work.

And no it's not obsolete, as I am sure somebody will claim - just never upgraded or supported by the company that bought them.  Winamp Lite also works if you don't need all the bells and whistles.

I assumed you are using Windows.  If you are on a Mac and don't use a Windows simulator, look for IceCast solutions.

Edited by Jaylinbridges

On 4/17/2021 at 5:19 AM, Foggypebble Muircastle said:

I want to get a stream for my land that plays my music like a radio?

IF that is your question, forget most of the posts here. You only need a radio device from MP or a adress to paste in your about land window.

IF your question is how to DJ / send your own music to your parcel, from your own collection you need a streaming software like Winamp/VDJ/Mixx or other ... rent a stream and use that.

On 4/16/2021 at 11:19 PM, Foggypebble Muircastle said:

I think I'd like to go with digistream but it's all completely baffling to me what I'm supposed to buy and do. I am at the office room where you buy the streams/servers. What do I do now?

Weren't you djing?  

I interpreted her question to imply she wants to stream her personal music onto her SL parcel. She'll need to rent a shoutcast/Icecast server with an auto-DJ and server space to upload her music. Via an auto-dj she can  set up playlists and song rotations in accordance to her desires. There are many providers available at cheap prices. If she wants to be "legal" I can recommend the service I use.

http://www.konastream.com <---- my stream

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.