My account shows Iam in the negative, but cannot be. How do I fix this problem?

mallaeus Lethecus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Go to the left side of your dashboard in the account section and check your Transaction History.

You will probably find, if that is the genuine balance & not just showing wrong inworld, that you have been charged Group liabilities each Tuesday. It will say which group or groups charged you and you can take it up with the group owner or just leave the group.

peewee is most likely correct.

i just want to add that you are not alone in being confused by this. it really is a stupid arrangement to have as a default group role "ability". people don't want to spend money in sl, join groups they assume are free only to end up with a negative linden balance and not understanding a thing what happened or having the means to correct it. if you're a member of enough groups where this happen and not log in that often it adds up quick enough without you even noticing.

there could be (should be) a jira on this, but i am too lazy to search for that right now. :matte-motes-asleep:

info about where to find your transaction history and how to manage it should really be included in the "getting started" info.

i strongly recommend everyone to download to disk regularly and start doing it yesterday.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.