On 4/15/2021 at 12:08 PM, Reed Linden said:

Hi, Bitterthorn! 

I can't give an exact dollar value breakdown, but what I can say is that we are committed to reinvesting all of that revenue back into Second Life. The revenue generated from this modest fee increase will unlock and facilitate nearly all of our redoubled efforts to make Second Life an amazing experience for all of you going forward. 

Hmmmmm...

Here's a reply on May 5th, 2021 from LL on a Jira request I made in April - the same request that has been made in other Jira's since 2018 on creating separate head and body appearance shapers options.  

"Thanks! We have this proposal already in our queue for possible future work. Would be useful but not super simple to implement, so I can't say anything about how soon we might be able to work on it."

You know what was not super simple to implement?  Building an entire new VR platform called Sansar no one wanted to use.  Imagine if time, talent, resources and the millions of RL dollars SL residents forked over to LL had been used instead to significantly improve SL with things like separate head and body appearance shaper options.  

I don't have an issue with fee increases but LL gaslighting users on how increases in fees will improve SL is kinda insulting when you see the return on previous increases was grossly misdirected to Sansar and that there are a lot of SL improvement requests in the Jira that have been languishing for years. 

I'm not a programmer and undoubtedly some of the fixes and improvement requests in the Jira are challenging but isn't that what increases in fees were/are supposed to cover - redirecting resources and/or hiring people with the knowledge and skill sets to knock this stuff out? 

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-230619?focusedCommentId=652882&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-652882

LL jira request reply.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not to knock the price reductions that were done, but you do have an interesting definition of "rather recently".  I don't know too many people that would associate that phrase with something that hap

Mission statement is to double the userbase.  But this will hit new users the hardest as they enter without any funds.

Server hosting continues to get cheaper and cheaper. Why do we keep seeing increased fees and charges everywhere, but still no significant changes to land costs or tiers? Especially something lik

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Pixels Sideways said:

You know what was not super simple to implement?  Building an entire new VR platform called Sansar no one wanted to use.  Imagine if time, talent, resources and the millions of RL dollars SL residents forked over to LL had been used instead to significantly improve SL with things like separate head and body appearance shaper options. 

It was not the money, was the time lost & missed opportunity's and a clock that stops for no one. enjoy things in the next few years while we have them is the best we can do. certainly the lindens love second life and want it to go on and miracles in life can happen some might say.^_^

Edited by Sassy Kenin
10 hours ago, Pixels Sideways said:

Hmmmmm...

Here's a reply on May 5th, 2021 from LL on a Jira request I made in April - the same request that has been made in other Jira's since 2018 on creating separate head and body appearance shapers options.  

"Thanks! We have this proposal already in our queue for possible future work. Would be useful but not super simple to implement, so I can't say anything about how soon we might be able to work on it."

I don't have an issue with fee increases but LL gaslighting users on how increases in fees will improve SL is kinda insulting when you see the return on previous increases was grossly misdirected to Sansar and that there are a lot of SL improvement requests in the Jira that have been languishing for years. 

I'm not a programmer and undoubtedly some of the fixes and improvement requests in the Jira are challenging but isn't that what increases in fees were/are supposed to cover - redirecting resources and/or hiring people with the knowledge and skill sets to knock this stuff out? 

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-230619?focusedCommentId=652882&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-652882

LL jira request reply.png

I don't bother with JIRAs anymore, they never seem to go anywhere.

2 minutes ago, AdminGirl said:

I don't bother with JIRAs anymore, they never seem to go anywhere.

It helps to visit the relevant in world meetings and ask about it.

There are a lot of JIRAs and only so many staff / hours in the day, it's very easy for something to get stuck in limbo following acknowledgement as something that needs time.

• Thanks 1

They seem to keep a closer eye on the threads in the forums then the Jira. Maybe they should move it here. Problem with the inworld meetings is that there is no official logs kept so basically wind up having to bring it it back up every few weeks.

Edited by Arielle Popstar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

They seem to keep a closer eye on the threads in the forums then the Jira. Maybe they should move it here. Problem with the inworld meetings is that there is no official logs kept so basically wind up having to bring it it back up every few weeks.

Not to mention that not all of us are available for meetings in the middle of the US work day.  Besides lots of US folks working, it is even be the middle of the night on some of the other countries.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Not to mention that not all of us are available for meetings in the middle of the US work day.  Besides lots of US folks working, it is even be the middle of the night on some of the other countries.

You can just poke someone who does go to the meetings with a link to the relevant JIRA and then catch up the response on Pantera's YT channel.

• Thanks 1