Premium and Land

4gunny1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So quick few questions... I am on the fence about going premium...

#1.
If and when I go premium I, know I, can buy land.
The question is do I, have to take the land Linden Labs gives me in the beginning  ?. or can I, just abandon or sell it ?.

How long does it take if I abandon land before I, can purchase new land ?.

#3.

If I decide to end my premium account how do I, keep from getting billed ? 
As far as I have read it says I, need to abandon or sell the land and clear it of what I, own.

#4.
How long do they keep billing you for once you decide to cancel ?.

Any help would be appreciated :).

19 answers to this question

In order to downgrade from Premium to Basic, you must remove your ownership of any land on the Mainland estate.  There are two ways to do it:  (1) You can sell the land to another SL resident or (2) You can abandon the land, which returns it to Linden Lab.   (If your land is a Linden Home, you do not have option #1, because you cannot sell a Linden Home.)  

Anyone -- Basic or Premium -- may rent land anywhere in SL, and anyone can buy a private region (that is, a region that is not in the Mainland estate).  If you rent or if you own a private region, you do not need to sell or abandon it to downgrade.

Your premium membership is prepaid.  If you decide to revert to a Basic membership, your status will change to PENDING DOWNGRADE, and it will stay there until the end of the period that you have contracted for. (If you paid for a one-year membership, for example, you'll still have PENDING status until the end of the year you contracted for.  If you only contracted for a month of Premium, you'll only be PENDING till the end of your current month.) You'll still have all of your Premium benefits (weekly stipend, access to premium sandboxes and all support categories, etc.) except that you cannot own land on the Mainland estate.  In order to get to PENDING DOWNGRADE status, all you have to do is sell any Mainland property, including your Linden Home, if you have one, and then select the downgrade option on your dashboard under the Account tab.  You won't be billed for renewal, because you have just said that you don't intend to renew.

Now, backing up to look at your first question....   Linden Lab does not give you land.  They give you the option of using your land fee waiver to get a Linden Home, if you want one.  You could also choose to use that Land Fee waiver to pay for the monthly fees on property that you buy on the Mainland.  Regardless of which option you choose, you can abandon your land at any time by just clicking Abandon Land on the General page that comes up when you open About Land on your property.  Abandoning property is instantaneous.  Once it's done, you are free to buy other property if you wish.

15 minutes ago, 4gunny1 said:

@Rolig LoonSo by abandoning the land I, do not have to sell it then ?. Being I have no responsibility for having to sell it ?.

simply said, you don't own the Linden Home, you'r the user. So it's abandon and done... you cán't even sell it.
When you bought mainland, you have the choice to abandon or sell. Selling if you want, some, of your money back, or abandon when you dont mind and just want to move on.

question i got one of the new land homes bye abandoning  my  old one i own but the access feature is not lit up so i can add my wifey on the access list the new house is in the Bellisseria continent i would like to be able to add my wife to the access list.

Edited by Brianna697

6 minutes ago, Brianna697 said:

question i got one of the new land homes bye abandoning  my  old one i own but the access feature is not lit up so i can add my wifey on the access list the new house is in the Bellisseria continent i would like to be able to add my wife to the access list.

On 4/26/2019 at 11:27 AM, Patch Linden said:

It’s time to add a bit of Linden-approved security to your new homes!

In the interest of creating a more welcoming community experience while still allowing for personal security, we’ve released the official Linden Homes Security System to your Content Creation Packs in all new Linden Homes. It is accessible through your House Controller in front of your property. This new system will enable you to keep your property private while not infringing on navigation of the Bellisseria continent at large.

Your new Linden Homes Security System can be wall-mounted upon placement. When activated, it will scan your parcel as much as 400m above and below the control unit for unauthorized visitors. If any unwanted guests are found, they will be provided with a warning to vacate the area, followed by an ejection if they do not leave within the specified amount of time (minimum of 15 seconds). You can adjust your systems range and warning time greater than 15 seconds; you can also customize your system to ignore members of your group or specific people you have added to its whitelist. 

We’ve chosen a minimum of 15 seconds and a maximum height of 400m to allow for those just passing through (either on the ground or in the air close to your home) to not be immediately booted off-course (while those who linger will get removed). Ejecting rather than send-to-home also allows first-time offenders to get the hint and continue on their travels.

For proper use, you must place the Linden Homes Security System either in your Linden Home or in your skybox at or above 2000m high. The system will not function between 100m and 2000m above sea level, to allow for clear airspace and to prevent low-hanging skyboxes.

Instructions for operating your Linden Homes Security System can be found in the notecard provided with the unit, and a shortened version of the instructions can be found by clicking on the unit’s System Help (?) button.

Privacy and fostering an open, welcoming community can’t always exist simultaneously, but we believe this new security system will allow for the best of both worlds. In addition to this system, you can use your home’s Control Panel to control who may enter your home and use its redecorate functions.  You may also use the Options tab in World >> About Land to determine who is allowed to rez objects on your parcel and whether people outside the parcel can see and hear what you are doing. The use of ban lines overall is disabled, but you can still ban individuals from your parcel by utilizing your parcel ban list. 

We feel as a compromise, at the present you may only use other security systems that conform to the same Linden Homes Security System standards (warning time no shorter than 15 seconds, no greater detection range than 400m in height; must only work within the boundaries of your parcel, and eject instead of teleport-to-home). If we incur too many issues with non-conforming security systems, we will update the policy to prohibit the use of all non-Linden provided security systems in the new Linden Homes regions.

We also have some additional features planned for the security system to provide the best home experience for you in the future, so stay tuned for more information on what’s to come with our next version.

Even better (or at least a better starting point, so you understand all your options) >>> 

This information is also on the informational notecard that you can get from the mailbox in front of your house.  You should read the entire thing to become familiar with the features of your Linden Home.

As I suggested, please read ALL of the information at that link and on the basic notecard in your mailbox.  You should not be trying to use the Access control in About Land for the purpose you have in mind.  You are not allowed to set ban lines in Bellisseria.

On 4/17/2021 at 3:26 PM, Brianna697 said:

this is what i was asking about none of this is lit up so i can put her on it

hScreenshot_22.thumb.png.a8e2d5b197a3c2ef90c9f2691dd3569f.png

Since the "Anyone can visit" box is checked, your friend should automatically have access. If you UNcheck that box, you will have to specifically add their name to the "always allowed" box by clicking the Add button underneath it.

If you have installed a security system, you'll have to put her on its access list.

To give her the ability to rez objects, you'll have to create a group, add her to the group, and Set the parcel to the group.

25 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Since the "Anyone can visit" box is checked, your friend should automatically have access. If you UNcheck that box, you will have to specifically add their name to the "always allowed" box by clicking the Add button underneath it.

It's a Linden Home.  She won't be able to uncheck the box.

hello i wanted to ask if  Bellisseria is having any door opening trouble cause my house door won't open any of them now i have access set to anyone in the panel in the group but they won't open

Edited by Brianna697

6 minutes ago, Brianna697 said:

hello i wanted to ask if  Bellisseria is having any door opening trouble cause my house door won't open any of them now i have access set to anyone in the panel in the group but they won't open

Contact Support via Live Chat or a ticket:

Create a Support Ticket: https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

Start Live Chat: https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131005-live-chat
    Live Chat is available 9am to 5pm EST(6am to 2pm PST) every day.

15 minutes ago, Brianna697 said:

If all else fails, try simply rezzing an exact replica of the house, using your mailbox controls.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.