Can you ask Linden Labs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Starr Ghost said:

I paid for a landscaper a lot of money, which the job was not to my liking at all nor was it not even what we discussed ~ I think or rather would like to have her refund at least 1/2 of the money I paid back or am I just SOL?

I am afraid you have no recourse. LL will not involve itself in disputes between residents, and the entire economy of SL is built upon a sort of free market caveat emptor principle. There are no mechanisms to resolve this kind of issue, except occasionally in instances of very obvious fraud -- which this pretty clearly isn't.

It sucks, but that's how it is here, and always has been. You pays your money, and you takes your chances.

• Like 4

I'm sorry this happened to you, and unfortunately if your landscaper won't work with you there's nothing you can do at this point.

If you hire someone again be sure and write up a clear contract together, spelling out the details. It's amazing how different our initial impressions and discussions can be vs the clarity that arises when objectives are spelled out in detail via text.

When doing landscaping jobs I ask for a third upfront, a 2nd third when a bit over half-way through, and the final third upon completion and discussion with my client to make sure they're happy.  Sometimes half up front and half upon completion is easier.  It's important the customer feels safe.  Doing the work in sections allows for customer feedback at each juncture as well.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm sorry this happened to you, and unfortunately if your landscaper won't work with you there's nothing you can do at this point.

If you hire someone again be sure and write up a clear contract together, spelling out the details. It's amazing how different our initial impressions and discussions can be vs the clarity that arises when objectives are spelled out in detail via text.

When doing landscaping jobs I ask for a third upfront, a 2nd third when a bit over half-way through, and the final third upon completion and discussion with my client to make sure they're happy.  Sometimes half up front and half upon completion is easier.  It's important the customer feels safe.  Doing the work in sections allows for customer feedback at each juncture as well.

This is a really brilliant approach.

• Like 1

This sort of reminds me of long ago, doing some IT work for the <country deleted> <expletive deleted> Government.

Every time we got close to meeting the spec, the spec changed.

And we had said 'if we can't trust the <country deleted> Government, who can we trust?'

Ah the innocence of yoof.

(You have my sympathy too @Starr Ghost)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.