I think I know why I admire Prince Harry.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

(And I guess this applies to most members of the royal families of limited/constitutional monarchies.)

He's basically an ordinary person in an extraordinary set of unwanted circumstances.

He's a regular Joe Schmoe with a set of titles he inherited which are only good as status symbols. And yet, he still seek to use these titles (which were forced upon him) as a vehicle to advance goodwill such as humanitarian causes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, sirhc DeSantis said:

Is this a ref to your sense of humour?

Just what I wanted to say. 

Or becouse he turned his back to his family, country, responsibilitys and married a gold digger? 

Of course he is trying to use his titles that what's make him interesting. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I don't think anyone born into the life he was could be a regular Joe that fast.. Just like it would be for a regular Joe to all of a sudden become a prince. they aren't going to relate.

I think a lot of born famous people think they can relate, but they can't really. there is a level in the clouds that if they went below it would turn them around faster than they could blink an eye.. hehehe

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Zzevir said:

Or becouse he turned his back to his family, country, responsibilitys and married a gold digger?

what gold ?

if Meghan had married Harry for the gold then Harry would still be Prince Henry of Wales, Duke of Sussex. And Meghan would be gold diggery happy as Princess Meghan of Wales, Duchess of Sussex - partner of 6th in line to the throne

this is not the case

yes Harry did walk away from the throne. and good on him. He should not be forced by accident of birth to live his life as a royal-bred pet of the people

• Like 9

There is nothing ordinary about anyone who's grandma is the Queen of England, rich beyond the wildest of dreams, immensely powerful and beyond all law.

Just like professional wrestling; Do not confuse the pomp, circumstance, tabloid speculation and  pearl clutching with actual stone cold intent and motivations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Harry is ungrateful and not in touch with how the vast majority lives. His upbringing and education is nothing to be sad for. It made me want to magically make him 30 years younger and transfer him to a poor family in Manchester, but with his memory from his royal life intact. I bet he was singing another tune when I magically turned him older again after a year, and dumped him back in his mansion with Oprah as neighbor.

I wanted to slap his sad face when he talked about his father would not support him more. An adult who inherited millions. They really expected British police/secret service to operate in US to protect them. As if nation can do that in another sovereign nation. Or pay for his private security, alright.

It was me,me,me us,us,us all the way.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I think the best part after their Oprah interview was when a California resident made a GoFundMe for them, to help pay for the mansion they bought. 😖It was crazy. And flopped, thank God.

I don't know if it is called a mansion or a villa, but with all that luxury, it is certainly not a house for people with an average income. 

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3

I'm just thinking...Meghan can't fly, pregnancy over the Atlantic is a bad idea, so he's going to have to come back for his grandfather's funeral, just weeks after THAT interview, and face his family alone, especially his grandmother.

I do NOT want to be him right now.

• Like 1

Isn't it always amazing how some people WANT to be President of the USA?  I think they should choose some schmuck off the street and drag her to the White Pile in chains.

Isn't it always amazing how some people WANT to be Paramount Leader of China?  I think they should choose some schmuck off the street and drag her to the Forbidden City in chains.

It isn't amazing at all that someone forced by law and custom to be a Royal Duke should let a beautiful lady drag him away to California in chains....

Edited by Anna Nova

The only thing Harry ought to be doing right now is heading home and supporting his grandma at a time like this.

It's not about royalty, it is simply about looking out for your own grandmother.

Edited by Extrude Ragu
mother -> grandma
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Mollymews said:

what gold ?

if Meghan had married Harry for the gold then Harry would still be Prince Henry of Wales, Duke of Sussex. And Meghan would be gold diggery happy as Princess Meghan of Wales, Duchess of Sussex - partner of 6th in line to the throne

this is not the case

yes Harry did walk away from the throne. and good on him. He should not be forced by accident of birth to live his life as a royal-bred pet of the people

Believe if you want (btw Harry never was the prince of Wels) 

But see how much more money and freedom she (they) have after they left. There is nobody telling them what they can do or not see Orphan interju .

And than why he is still using his tittle Why they used the HRH after they left ? Nobody forced them? 

And btw this is where I stop reacting to this topic and adding the troll op to my block list. 

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Sorciaa said:

Guess everyone can be thankful he didn't off Granny, Dad and his older brother and crown himself king, like they did back in the good o'l days.

Why would he do that? He's clearly always hated being royal.

18 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

He's a regular Joe Schmoe

I think he wishes like hell that he was! Right now, I bet he's wincing from situations that are tumbling down faster than he can say, "Cut!". If he is lucky, the fairytail spell will hold him up uintil he can catch his breath again.

The amazing thing about the United Kingdom is that it is free country - well, as near as you're likely to get. Harry had a  choice of either living as a royal prince, under the burden of the press and the rest of the world watching his every move with zoom lenses and criticisms, or living as as a free spirit with the burden of the press and the rest of the world watching his every move with zoom lenses and criticisms. The Oprah interview seemed to confirm he wanted more of this than his royal position could possibly provide.

I have never envied our royal family. None asked to be born into their situation; they are expected to be totally non-political, never put a foot wrong wrong in any situation, represent our country at the drop of a hat wherever and whenever it might be required and never ever say anything that might upset anyone. A very tall order! In return for this dedication, they get some pretty posh clothes, lot's of public engagements, some draughty castles to live in, and a team of people to support them (but probably less than any other wealthy captain of industry or magnate; our governments tend to be a bit tight with money for this sort of thing). Generally, I believe they have done a pretty spectacular job of all of this over the years, particularly HRH Queen Elizabeth ll. There have been some errors, sure, but these would never have emerged if they had been a "normal" family. Why should they emerge just because they are royal? Well, because... that's why. Tough, eh?

Harry has chosen to opt out. That's his right. I wish him well. I suspect he is bitterly disappointed to have to abandon his military and disabled charity connections (as a prince) and am sure he will weigh back in at the earliest possible opportunity as an ordinary person, as soon as his new life permits the time to do so. 

Edited by Odaks
spelling
  • Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.