Using Firestorm Area Search to make purchases

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, could anyone please tell me if it is possible to use Area Search in Firestorm to purchase from vendors without zooming to click on the actual vendor?

The reason is because I want to keep my draw distance at the minimum 32m, and sometimes at events or stores, I use Area Search and if it is further than my draw distance, the zoom option in Area Search is grayed out. If the item is set up for Buy Object, I can easily right click on the item in my Area Search and use the Buy Object option, but is there a way I can do something similar with vendors?

I hope that makes sense! I'm using Firestorm 6.3.9 (58205).

1539655542_AreaSearch.jpg.1d3836c1a30d9ce9ef9ee015e7b05897.jpg

44 minutes ago, blaireberry said:

Thank you for your reply.

I tried touch, but that just tells me to go pay the vendor, which means I would still have to zoom into it.

If you raise your draw and turn on Show friends only, you should be able to zoom without a unworkable lag issue.  I don't know any other way to make the purchase without zooming.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, blaireberry said:

Thank you for your reply.

I tried touch, but that just tells me to go pay the vendor, which means I would still have to zoom into it.

as far i know, draw distance counts from your cam position, not your avi position.. it's totally safe to zoom.( but of course it will need to render the stuff in reach)

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

As long as the event isn't full (and perhaps even if full) you can use  Teleport To.    Sometimes you end up in a wall but you could easily cam in then and then teleport to the next place :D.

832520053_teleportto.jpg.4f408edb9fb2911008b70c1bcdb5d836.jpg

Sometimes that works and sometimes not depending on if they have a teleport landing point set.  I've tried that and ended back at the landing point.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

as far i know, draw distance counts from your cam position, not your avi position.. it's totally safe to zoom.( but of course it will need to render the stuff in reach)

Yeah, but when dealing with the Firestorm Area Search, I think the distance of an item in the list is calculated and shown based on your physical position, regardless of where your camera is.  The Zoom option is only given for items where that listed distance is within your Draw Distance.  If you know where the item is, you could manually zoom to it, but the Area Search will not give the automated Zoom option if the physical distance is beyond your draw distance.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

when dealing with the Firestorm Area Search, I think the distance of an item in the list is calculated and shown based on your physical position, regardless of where your camera is. 

That is absolutely correct. It's always measured to your avatar*

* @LittleMe Jewell's description of "physical position" is technically more correct! ("Avatar" works for most occasions though.)

Edited by Odaks
Afterthought

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.