Help with Blender texture paint

Ark Vuckovic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone,

please help me. I'm trying to texture paint an avatar which i inserted from avastar. I'm getting strange results as you can see on the picture bellow.

https://prnt.sc/117jzun

My goal to paint the upper body, but the strokes appear no the knee also. Have no idea what also to turn off to prevent it from painting wrong surface.

Using Blender 2.92

Windows 10 64 bits machine

Thank you.

Edited by Ark Vuckovic

• Ark Vuckovic changed the title to Help with Blender texture paint
55 minutes ago, Ark Vuckovic said:

Hello everyone,

please help me. I'm trying to texture paint an avatar which i inserted from avastar. I'm getting strange results as you can see on the picture bellow.

https://prnt.sc/117jzun

My goal to paint the upper body, but the strokes appear no the knee also. Have no idea what also to turn off to prevent it from painting wrong surface.

Using Blender 2.92

Windows 10 64 bits machine

Thank you.

Both upper body and lower body share the same material and therefore textures. You need to assign the two body sections to two different materials, each pointing to a separate texture

• Like 1

Adding onto what Optimo said. You can setup UDIMs which will allow you to paint on two or more textures at once, rather than needing to swap materials. You'll find that this is relatively important if you want to minimize the apperance of seams. Especially given that the SL UV/Omega UV sets have seams all over the place.

8 hours ago, Cyrule Adder said:

Adding onto what Optimo said. You can setup UDIMs which will allow you to paint on two or more textures at once, rather than needing to swap materials. You'll find that this is relatively important if you want to minimize the apperance of seams. Especially given that the SL UV/Omega UV sets have seams all over the place.

Adding on top of that, remember that UDIM is good for ease of work, but then SL as any other game engine does not support that feature, and you must assign materials prior to upload to reflect the texture separation and be able to assign them to the correct set of faces.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, OptimoMaximo said:

Adding on top of that, remember that UDIM is good for ease of work, but then SL as any other game engine does not support that feature, and you must assign materials prior to upload to reflect the texture separation and be able to assign them to the correct set of faces.

Actually. The export handles that for you. The only thing you need to be mindful of, is if your mesh makes use of more than 8 materials, you will need to start splitting up the mesh.

Edited by Cyrule Adder

13 hours ago, Cyrule Adder said:

Actually. The export handles that for you. The only thing you need to be mindful of, is if your mesh makes use of more than 8 materials, you will need to start splitting up the mesh.

What export? Is that a feature option in the blender exporter when udim setup is detected? If not a specific option that you're talking about, no exporter does that automatically regardless, or the whole point of the UDIM setup goes to waste

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.