Jump to content

When I was younger I watched the live-action movie Jungle Book.


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I don't know.  With what sauce was he dressed, and are you sure he wasn't in fact a capon?  Anyway, I still like the cartoon.

I guess he had whatever type of British sauce they use?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the cartoon as a child, always loved it (nowadays I like the songs and that's about it). Then when I was about 12, I read the book. Trauma.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn’t the sauce something called HP sauce? Don’t know what that tastes like or if it goes with chicken. Never really watched any version of The Jungle Book so can’t say if calling someone a chicken is good or bad. I did watch a rather long video about Marmite and still have no idea what it tastes like. I need to get a sample pack of British food items. I can totally make Yorkshire puddings though. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bree Giffen said:

Isn’t the sauce something called HP sauce? Don’t know what that tastes like or if it goes with chicken. Never really watched any version of The Jungle Book so can’t say if calling someone a chicken is good or bad. I did watch a rather long video about Marmite and still have no idea what it tastes like. I need to get a sample pack of British food items. I can totally make Yorkshire puddings though. 

HP (stands for Houses of Parliament but I don't know why) is popular but I prefer tomato.  Marmite tastes wonderful, unless you don't like it.  It's very salty and yeasty.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

Isn’t the sauce something called HP sauce? Don’t know what that tastes like or if it goes with chicken. 

No! 🤢

57 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

 I did watch a rather long video about Marmite and still have no idea what it tastes like.

🤮

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

I watched one of the British dudes get chased by a tiger and called him a "chicken"...is this bad?

Gopi, if I got chased by a flipping tiger I would run..if that make me a chicken...bwuck bwuck 🐔😅

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Vegemite is an option for those who aren't hard enough for Marmite.

Edited by Amina Sopwith
Finished the comment I didn't realise I had submitted.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I watched the cartoon as a child, always loved it (nowadays I like the songs and that's about it). Then when I was about 12, I read the book. Trauma.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't recall seeing the movie although I may have.  We did, however, have the album so I could probably still sing all the songs.  Like the one up there!  ^^^^^^^^^

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Now you're talking.  Heinz tomato for everyday, and Worcester for being posh. :) 

Did you just say Worcester? I think you mean Worcestershire Sauce my good fellow. Made with only the finest of anchovies and fermented to perfection. A delightful addition to any dish. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Vegemite is an option for those who aren't hard enough for Marmite.

If it's anything like Marmite I'll happily chicken out of that too! 😵

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Did you just say Worcester? I think you mean Worcestershire Sauce

Proper posh people like me and Garnet drop the 'shire' B|

The UK law says - Heinz tomato for bacon, HP brown for sausages and Worcester for cheese on toast :P

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Proper posh people like me and Garnet drop the 'shire' B|

The UK law says - Heinz tomato for bacon, HP brown for sausages and Worcester for cheese on toast :P

/me sputters like a motorboat on the Thames.. "Drop the... bonhrfouednvcsaidfvazcj nvavuhb YOU CANT DROP THE SHIRE!!! Think of all the hobbits!" 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...