Reggae ,Roots and Culture Dj

Carpotili

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings to one and all. Recently joined Second life and I am looking to do some performances in clubs. That would aprove my music style.
I am a reggae producer/ vinyl Dj / in RL. So I am looking forward to try spread this positive vibe tru this virtual platform.

My idear:

Sins the pandemic started I don't get to perform as much anymore like I should ,so that gave me  the idear to join second life and try being a dj in the virtual world.
I've recently download mixxx and got all my gear hooked up ,signal is flowing tru so thats a good thing.
I've also paid for a stream rental url.

Im me if interested

Blessings

Edited by Carpotili

okay you said you have a stream rented. that's a vital basic. However, most club owners (myself included) won't look at anyone under 90 days old in world. Largely due to the fact in the first 90 days you are still learning SL.

The SLURL you reference is provided by the club owner/management.

Some things to consider:

1: Managers and owners frown on clearly "pirated" music. Such music can get an owner AND the DJ fined a hefty amount of RL Money and can potentially get the club shut down by Linden Labs. So don't do it if you can help it.

2: You have the stream rental, you will likely have been provided a Stream URL. The managers usually need that URL to put you on the DJ board (which relays your stream to the rest of the club). They won't need the password for your stream.

3: Mixxx and Sam Broadcaster is the most commonly used DJ Software, make sure you have a music collection at least 1000 tracks to start with.

4: Most clubs require the DJ to talk on mic much like a radio DJ would,

5: Don't expect the owners and managers to bring the VIPs (listeners) to you, that is usually the job of the DJ and host. Management just provides a place to do your sets. You must build a following (people who go to your sets cause they like what you do) yourself.

6: if you don't have a large enough following, you won't make much money. I've seen DJs who were only able to walk away with 50 Linden. So building the following first is most important. The Money will come afterwards.

7: Make sure you are personable and friendly. Welcome ANYONE that comes to your set. A simple "hello (name)" goes a long way. People love being acknowledged by the DJ.

Personally speaking as a DJ on SL for 7 years, who has done RL Radio in the past, and as a current club owner, PRACTICE! If you got your own parcel, and have the ability, put your stream in land and practice DJing to either yourself or to some friends. Take whatever advice or criticism they may have. Friends are only trying to help you be better.

Aha!! Thanks i apreciate it.

i am a dj in Rl and know how to entertain as a dj besides that i love playing games and i am doing my best to leurn as quik as possible.

yesterday i was invited to try my stream out in a starting club and it was going great.

i hope i can get to the top bits by bits..

thx again for the help

• Carpotili changed the title to Reggae ,Roots and Culture Dj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.