File Upload (Not Working)

Karmitett

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4708 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I'm Karmitett.  I don't know exactly where to put this, as I couldn't find any section of the forums that holds problems like this, but if there is one please move this thread there.

Anyways, some friends of mine on Second Life were teaching me how to make a gesture, so when I was working on my first gesture I wasn't able to upload the WAV file.  The file was under 10 seconds long but the error for over 10 seconds came up anyways.  My friends had the same problem, and they're been making gestures for a while.

Is this problem going to be fixed any time soon?

Hello, Karmitett, welcome to Second Life and Second Life Forums.

Firstly, I thought you might like to see a video demonstration of how to create/upload a sound.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Uploading-assets/ta-p/700165#Uploading_a_sound

You say the friends who are teaching you how to make gestures have had no previous trouble doing so, but have been having upload issues recently? 

I would suggest attempting to do exactly the same thing, but on another sim, just in case it is the sim that is experiencing problems.

There is also a JIRA (bug report) that has recently been created on a similar issue, although not identical. Please take a look https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-25826

Just wondering, are you also using Adobe Audition? I cannot upload any sounds recorded in Audition. All files are PCM .wav, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (44.1 mHz) and are under 9 seconds. when I try to upload says it isnt a PCM WAVE file but it is. If I use a sub par limited option amature program such as Audacity it works. have simular issues with builds using Prim Composer in 3dsmax but if I use *shudders* Blender it works.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4708 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.