Could use an Opinion on what to think?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Never ever take what is said in IM to local chat without the express permission of all involved - not only it is exceptionally rude (no matter what was said in IM) but it is also against the ToS and potentially could lead to an abuse report against yourself.

Just mute and get on with your Second Life

Edited by Jax Leeder
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

For my liking, Mr. Creep is getting away pretty much untouched, while the OP gets to take "all the blame".

Now (luckily?), details like what was actually written are left out, perhaps for the better... but well, it kinda irks me.

In a way yes but remember Mr Creep did it in private whereas OP took it public when it was not needed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Personally I think you overreacted especially since there is a mute and derender option.  Problem solved right there.  Hey, there might be someone that likes to get those sort of IM's and are not bothered by it so calling him out in local wasn't appropriate.  You can also just close the chat and refuse to engage with the person. 

I don't even block people. I just tell them I am and then ignore their IM's. I don't want to see the gray figure lurking around and for me derender is too permanent.  

Also, in the interest of "be who you want to be" maybe he was playing a "creepy guy" shrugs.  

4 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

For my liking, Mr. Creep is getting away pretty much untouched, while the OP gets to take "all the blame".

Now (luckily?), details like what was actually written are left out, perhaps for the better... but well, it kinda irks me.

The OP took the blame for causing drama in local chat not for calling out the creeper.  Besides...I doubt that this person is going to stop because someone calls him out on it. 

I tend to have fun with them but I know not everyone wants to do that.

• Like 4

On 4/6/2021 at 3:20 AM, Rawiya Starlight said:

So I am at a club and theres this guy who comes in and IMs every woman in the place. Mine seem to be always creepy to read. So I said in front of everyone "his name" you are f...ing creepy. The guy still hangs around. Others are saying they are getting his IM, but the club staff start giving me hell for telling the guy basically to f off and that I should not be saying that. And I replied back to the staff member back in nearby. It wasn't mean but I was getting threatened with being banned because shes not liking how I was talking to her. The guy is still hanging around creeping others out and I am the one getting yelled at. Finally I did my best to leave on good terms with the staff member and left that club. my thinking is that you have a guy creeping people out but you attack the one calling that guy out. Could use a little advice on this. Maybe I handled it wrong. 

Never bring it to local chat, never.  You are lucky you weren't banned at the club for it.  There are clubs that will boot you out instantly for bringing drama and hearsay to local chat.  

It depends on what was said if it was defaming or violent for some examples and then you might need to alert a host or manager.  Otherwise, mute and go on with your day.  

• Like 3

I just remembered that the staff member who contacted me never had a staff tag on. Honestly I never seen even a DJ with a tag for the club on. There will be periods of time when the place is packed and theres no staff around or at least no one with a tag on. Its on a M rated sim and one night while i as hanging there there were a couple of women in heels and thongs. Topless. I was thinking their clothes were just not rezzing for me so paid really not attention to it till some one in local was going on about that club turning into a strip joint. the two were around for a couple of hours right up till a DJ came in and they had vanished. 

@Rawiya StarlightSorry to hear this happened to you. SL has its own set of social etiquette/rules that aren't always obvious. Even I double think when it comes to using Public Chat vs IMs.

And I'm sure you can still go back to the club if you want to. People tend to move on and if you really like that club, not worth letting one incident ruin things.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AdminGirl said:

@Rawiya StarlightSorry to hear this happened to you. SL has its own set of social etiquette/rules that aren't always obvious. Even I double think when it comes to using Public Chat vs IMs.

And I'm sure you can still go back to the club if you want to. People tend to move on and if you really like that club, not worth letting one incident ruin things.

No I been trying another club out and find it a little better. the other one I will be standing there and suddenly I will get a wave of 2-5 guys IMing what seems like almost at once. Maybe more like a minute or two afterward. this other place place i been spending time I not had any problems as of yet. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rawiya Starlight said:

I just remembered that the staff member who contacted me never had a staff tag on. Honestly I never seen even a DJ with a tag for the club on. There will be periods of time when the place is packed and theres no staff around or at least no one with a tag on. Its on a M rated sim and one night while i as hanging there there were a couple of women in heels and thongs. Topless. I was thinking their clothes were just not rezzing for me so paid really not attention to it till some one in local was going on about that club turning into a strip joint. the two were around for a couple of hours right up till a DJ came in and they had vanished. 

You can be nude on a moderate sim.

You have to remember that a club isn't required to have staff or even to wear a tag.  A region is simply someone's personal space to do with what they want. They have no obligation beyond the maturity ratings to do anything or even enforce behavior.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rawiya Starlight said:

true but nearly everyone club i been to has rules stating bits must be covered

Most of those kinds of clubs that say bits must be covered also say "NO DRAMA...We Don't Want to Ban You, But We Will".  Why do you think that is? 

I'd really encourage you to set up an auto-reply and only respond to IM's you want to respond to.  It is your responsibility to take care of your IM's and mute as needed and not the club management.   Club management has guests and most are absolutely a no drama zone or you will be the one banned.  It might seem unfair, but is it fair to bring your IM stuff to local chat when you could just mute?  No one is here to baby-sit you, you have tools to take care of yourself.  This kind of drama is the last thing clubs want from any of their guests.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

I feel like SL needs more creepy girls to help balance things out.

They only ever beg for money, though. So sad. Won't someone sexually harass some men for a change?!

That's actually a great idea!  I 110% support it. What could possibly go wrong? If men can get away with it, well by golly why can't women?

4 hours ago, Mortified Wanderer said:

I will have to test this with the next poor sou---man.. Man.. To im me who is choosing creepy over civility.

Next time I go 'Peekaboo', read it in the voice of Tim Curry as Frank N. Furter. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.