Deploy Plan for the Week of 2021-04-05

Maestro Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

/me crosses fingers......

Also I note no mention of restarts for regions running for over 10 days.....omission or a change of policy?

Edited by Aishagain
  • Like 1

Hush

6 hours ago, Aishagain said:

Also I note no mention of restarts for regions running for over 10 days.....omission or a change of policy?

Hush, don't remind them. I want a quiet day.. And LL might learn something from all the monitoring tweaks they don't talk about. 

9 hours ago, Aishagain said:

I really hope they still happen, it's gotten might "bumpy" out there in the last couple of days, and especially this morning - bad crossings, missing sims etc. Seems like a lot of places could use well needed restart... 😬

• Lindens
23 hours ago, Aishagain said:

We decided to not restart the SLS channel today, even though many regions on that channel are currently sitting at 14 days of uptime.  I expect we'll want to restart SLS regions next Tuesday, whether there's a version change (i.e. promoting this week's RC to SLS next week) or not.

5 hours ago, dd Temin said:

does my actual physical server normally  jump to a "different" server?

The server version or physical server does not change due to a manual restart of the region. I can only recommend to execute this approximately every to every 2 days. Why should everything move to another server? That would be completely unproductive and would bring nothing.

I don't know if anyone has been seeing this, but as I have wandered into some RC channels regions in this past week I have seen that ALL are showing huge improvements in % script run.   Several with next to no spare time and 15-18 ms script time are showing upwards of 90% script run, some less heavily loaded are in the 98% range.

One heavily loaded region that struggled to exceed 20% is now comfortably above 50% and scripted attachment reponse is noticeably sharper.  If there are no downsides (and there have been no comments on it that I have seen), the promotion of this sofware version (557694) will be eagerly awaited tomorrow on Main Server.

Edited by Aishagain
spelling correction
  • Like 1

• Lindens
On 4/9/2021 at 3:13 PM, dd Temin said:

@Maestro Linden was wondering if  when I restart my region as estate manager...does my actual physical server normally  jump to a "different" server?   like they used to when the region servers were located at Linden Labs?    Does anyone know?

Hi dd, when a region is restarted, there's a fair chance (but no guarantee) that it will move to a different host.  You can see the simulator hostname in 'about second life', and can also have LSL scripts look up the hostname and see if it changed after a restart.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.