New to Mesh avatars

zaphod Carling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1095 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, ater an eternity I decided to embrace mesh Avatar.. with this in mind I purchased a Signature Anthony body (lite).

The biggest problem I have a t the moment is I cant find a way of changing saved outfits without having to remap the body using the hud. Is there any way of doing this so I dont have to keep using the hud every single time please?

Thanks all

Zap

Yes. With any brand of body you solve the problem by making copies of the body.

I use a 'basic' copy of my body for starting any outfit. It is my "nude" version with all the basic parts; body, head, current fav hair, eyes, ears...

When making a new outfit I may need to change the body to work with the clothes. Applier additions are a primary reason for saving copies of the modified body. But, having to redo alpha cuts for an outfit can be tedious. If I used appliers or made other changes, once I have the outfit done I remove the body forcing the changes to be saved. I make a copy of the body and save it in a folder named something to give me a clue about what is special about the copy. Then I wear the new copy and save the outfit. The outfit is then using a body no other outfit uses.

The basic body I started with has changed but I will likely need to make changes to it for the next outfit. So not an issue for me.

Often I can use the modified body for more than one outfit without problems. Often a top or pants will require body changes. But those changes are good for all colors of top or pants, which for me are usually different outfits.

The alternative to solve the problem is to change to BoM and use alpha layers, which can be part of the outfit thus avoiding HUD alpha cut changes.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

I use a 'basic' copy of my body for starting any outfit. It is my "nude" version with all the basic parts; body, head, current fav hair, eyes, ears...

When making a new outfit I may need to change the body to work with the clothes. Applier additions are a primary reason for saving copies of the modified body. But, having to redo alpha cuts for an outfit can be tedious. If I used appliers or made other changes, once I have the outfit done I remove the body forcing the changes to be saved. I make a copy of the body and save it in a folder named something to give me a clue about what is special about the copy. Then I wear the new copy and save the outfit. The outfit is then using a body no other outfit uses.

The basic body I started with has changed but I will likely need to make changes to it for the next outfit. So not an issue for me.

Often I can use the modified body for more than one outfit without problems. Often a top or pants will require body changes. But those changes are good for all colors of top or pants, which for me are usually different outfits.

The alternative to solve the problem is to change to BoM and use alpha layers, which can be part of the outfit thus avoiding HUD alpha cut changes.

Thank you for your help, I will give this a try when I log in later

12 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Wat?

Its just the name of the mesh body.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Thank you for your help, I have a few folders now and I finally have the hang of it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zaphod Carling said:

Its just the name of the mesh body.

Hm. Sounds weird - Signature has three bodies, Gianni, Geralt, and Alice. Can't find any Anthony body at all ..

4 hours ago, Orwar said:

Hm. Sounds weird - Signature has three bodies, Gianni, Geralt, and Alice. Can't find any Anthony body at all ..

It appears to be a very old body from 2014.  According to the flickr page, it's designed and scripted by Tonk Tomcat & Brox Riaxik.

Signature Mesh Avatar ANTHONY

• Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 6:58 PM, zaphod Carling said:

So, ater an eternity I decided to embrace mesh Avatar.. with this in mind I purchased a Signature Anthony body (lite).

The biggest problem I have a t the moment is I cant find a way of changing saved outfits without having to remap the body using the hud. Is there any way of doing this so I dont have to keep using the hud every single time please?

Thanks all

Zap

Anthony is a VERY OLD body and I don't even think it has the capability to use appliers (Signature or Omega). That said, it's mod, so it might (depending on how the mesh is put together) be possible to convert it to Bakes on Mesh, provided that it uses the standard SL skin template. If that turns out to be possible, then you can wear any system skin with it. If not, then unfortunately you're stuck with the hud only.

However, for the purposes of saving outfits, one thing you can do is make a copy of the body and set it up as you want with the hud, then save that copy in another folder, ideally with the associated clothing. You can save a different copy of the body with each outfit, each one having its own particular settings so when you wear the outfit you're wearing the body that goes with it as well, and it will already be set up exactly as you need it for that particular outfit.  

On 4/5/2021 at 6:58 PM, zaphod Carling said:

Can I ask where you bought it? If its cheap, I'd like to get one and see what I can do with it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 1:34 PM, Maitimo said:

Can I ask where you bought it? If its cheap, I'd like to get one and see what I can do with it.

I'm not Zaphod, but I just stumbled upon it inworld at Tonktastic:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sleepless/166/153/38

L$1 for the demo. L$500 for the body

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1095 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.