What's the best way to rent out mainland?

Monique Bellambi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello! A bought some land and I am considering buying the land next to me if I can. Its abandoned land so hopefully I can get it.

Anyway, 2 of my projects involved renting out land: one is skyboxes and the others are small bits of land that people can sell things on. I think I get the basic idea of how to do that. Parcel out the land and invite the tenants to join the group that can place objects. But I'm a bit confused. How I do place items that I don't want picked up by tenants. Like if I'm renting out an apartment, that comes with a bathroom and a pool.  How do I make it so the kitchen, house and pool are not picked up or returned?

4 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Monique Bellambi said:

Hello! A bought some land and I am considering buying the land next to me if I can. Its abandoned land so hopefully I can get it.

Anyway, 2 of my projects involved renting out land: one is skyboxes and the others are small bits of land that people can sell things on. I think I get the basic idea of how to do that. Parcel out the land and invite the tenants to join the group that can place objects. But I'm a bit confused. How I do place items that I don't want picked up by tenants. Like if I'm renting out an apartment, that comes with a bathroom and a pool.  How do I make it so the kitchen, house and pool are not picked up or returned?

In the group roles, you can set abilities of group members.  If your tenants have the "tenant" role, just don't allow those members certain rights such as edit or return group objects.

32 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

In the group roles, you can set abilities of group members.  If your tenants have the "tenant" role, just don't allow those members certain rights such as edit or return group objects.

OK. So as of right now, my land is set to my group. I think I should also deed it to my group, too? I'll go look up the difference. 

I'll set up a "tenant" role and and all the objects that are deeded to or set to group are safe. So when they decorate, they should keep themselves as the owner?  I noticed when I place stuff in it automatically gets set to my current group.

Sorry, I don't t know what I'm so confused. I think I may just be over thinking things again.

Edited by Monique Bellambi

24 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

As long as they have the create objects ability in their group role, they'll be able to rez things on the group land, whether or not they have the group tag enabled.

I think that only works if the land is deeded to the group though.  When the land is just "Set" to the land group, other group members need their tag active.  At least I can only rez at my alt's Linden Home if I actually have the tag active -- that land is only Set to land group.  Whereas, on my Mainland, that is "Deeded" to the group, all of the alts can rez whether or not they have the tag active at the time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.