Legacy Skin on Mesh Head and Body. Seeing a neck seam. Help?

Mir Moonites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1026 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all, 
I'm currently using one of the legacy skins I liked on Maitreya body and S@R mesh head thanks to BoM.
But I'm getting this weird seam that I didn't see on the legacy avatar.
It looks like the screenshot below
image.png.ee712a34fc36d7e4d46c43648e7a20d6.png

Any tips on which location of the UV map I should fix to remove this?
Thanks

1 hour ago, Mir Moonites said:

Hi all, 
I'm currently using one of the legacy skins I liked on Maitreya body and S@R mesh head thanks to BoM.
But I'm getting this weird seam that I didn't see on the legacy avatar.
It looks like the screenshot below
image.png.ee712a34fc36d7e4d46c43648e7a20d6.png

Any tips on which location of the UV map I should fix to remove this?
Thanks

I doubt that it is a neck issue. For me it looks like  a shadow caused by the light settings which you are using. You could change the settings and look, if the shadow disappears.

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 1

Did S@R make a Bento head? I know I had the Snow Rabbit almost ten years ago. It did not have a standard UV map. Using old tech with new tech may mean that you have to accept some differences. Maitreya is updated every time it is new development and the heads that are popular and new has started to use an universal neck, to improve the neck seam as much as possible in SL.

What are you wearing it with? Legacy body skin as BoM on the Maitreya body? S@R head without BoM and its original skin (no BoM , no applier).

Are you wearing a "neck fixer" on a tattoo layer? The S@R head had a weird neck that went down to the collarbone. Is it possible to remove it?

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

What are you wearing it with? Legacy body skin as BoM on the Maitreya body? S@R head without BoM and its original skin (no BoM , no applier).

I think the OP is referring to a system skin as the skin appears to have the lashes painted on rather than anything to do with the TMP Legacy body

Unless intentional i'd say increase neck fat it looks too skinny  maybe shorten a touch and try the neck size/blender settings in the Maitreya HUD

I actually think that "legacy" does mean "legacy", not the Meshbody-pay me 5k-whatever brand. The setup, as I get it, is a Maitreya body and that mesh head and, that's the dealbreaker, each with their own skin.

You might try a neck blender to fix the issue, though I'm not sure it'll manage to deal with the pretty heavy differences in textures. You'd need to blend the neck area of both the head and the body to match. Well, good luck with that.

After sleeping on it, I remember that this head had a really pronounced shadow under the chin and on the neck. Maybe the look you have now is the best you can get.

I see what is a lighter "ring" around the neck, and this is why I ask if you already use a neck blender. The shading on the body skin appear to end before the body neck ends. This is typical of a neck fix that only recolor the skin and has no shading or details.

neck1.png

Edited by Marianne Little
tried to clarify

• 2 months later...
On 4/5/2021 at 10:20 AM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

I actually think that "legacy" does mean "legacy", not the Meshbody-pay me 5k-whatever brand. The setup, as I get it, is a Maitreya body and that mesh head and, that's the dealbreaker, each with their own skin.

You might try a neck blender to fix the issue, though I'm not sure it'll manage to deal with the pretty heavy differences in textures. You'd need to blend the neck area of both the head and the body to match. Well, good luck with that.

Rofl yes exactly, it's literally a legacy skin back when everything looked ugly.

On 4/5/2021 at 11:43 PM, Marianne Little said:

After sleeping on it, I remember that this head had a really pronounced shadow under the chin and on the neck. Maybe the look you have now is the best you can get.

I see what is a lighter "ring" around the neck, and this is why I ask if you already use a neck blender. The shading on the body skin appear to end before the body neck ends. This is typical of a neck fix that only recolor the skin and has no shading or details.

neck1.png

I actually found the fix,

It seems like S@R head had the "Neck fix" from the head's side enabled by default.
I removed it and the neck is seamless now.
Thanks everyone!

On 4/5/2021 at 8:11 AM, Marianne Little said:

Did S@R make a Bento head? I know I had the Snow Rabbit almost ten years ago. It did not have a standard UV map. Using old tech with new tech may mean that you have to accept some differences. Maitreya is updated every time it is new development and the heads that are popular and new has started to use an universal neck, to improve the neck seam as much as possible in SL.

Are you wearing a "neck fixer" on a tattoo layer? The S@R head had a weird neck that went down to the collarbone. Is it possible to remove it?

Just to clarify with Snow Rabbit. Last summer a new bento BoM head with materials was released. AW something for the head. It's a very nice update. The newer head also fits pretty well with Maitreya's mesh body. 

Looks like the neck blend is turned on on the maitreya body hud, it's an extra piece of mesh with a fade at the end for easy head/body blending, but looks super weird in any kind of lighting with shadows. Should be on the same part of the HUD that you change the neck size. I'd give a screenshot but I don't use maitreya anymore so mine's super outdated lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1026 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.