How do I learn SL medicine?

Hi,

I have RL medical experience and I have an opportunity to be a freelance SL doctor. However, the place I am freelancing does not offer training. I get to choose my own services offered, and pricing, and use the clinic location to provide my services. I am having trouble figuring out how to best get the training that I need to provide adequate RP medical care.

I will be providing general adult care (check ups), maternity/delivery, and pediatric care. I would also like to offer xeolife and BeYou compatible services.

Any advice on where to start? Youtube videos? In world places? Thanks.

NL

1 hour ago, LaikenCitara said:

Hi,

I have RL medical experience and I have an opportunity to be a freelance SL doctor. However, the place I am freelancing does not offer training. I get to choose my own services offered, and pricing, and use the clinic location to provide my services. I am having trouble figuring out how to best get the training that I need to provide adequate RP medical care.

I will be providing general adult care (check ups), maternity/delivery, and pediatric care. I would also like to offer xeolife and BeYou compatible services.

NL

Fixed

Edited by Rowan Amore
2 hours ago, LaikenCitara said:

Β  Β As far as beYou goes, there's a weekly class in medicine and pharmacy. I'm not sure how rigid the schedules are, but this week it was on Friday at 08.00 SLT - they'll probably release a new schedule for the coming week sometime tomorrow.

Β  Β For maternity stuff I'd suggest checking in with the .. Is it Zooby it's called? Well, their community probably has people who might have some ideas for where to start.

Β  Β For general medical RP, well that's a pretty broad topic and depends on your RP style. Not really sure where I'd point you, aside from perhaps the introduction to RP classes .. Caledon Oxbridge used to have one. Five years ago, at least, not sure if they still do them.

Edited by Orwar
Dun dun dun ...
Posted (edited)

Β 

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

Β  Β As far as beYou goes, there's a weekly class in medicine and pharmacy. I'm not sure how rigid the schedules are, but this week it was on Friday at 08.00 SLT - they'll probably release a new schedule for the coming week sometime tomorrow.

Β  Β For maternity stuff I'd suggest checking in with the .. Is it Zooby it's called? Well, their community probably has people who might have some ideas for where to start.

Β  Β For general medical RP, well that's a pretty broad topic and depends on your RP style. Not really sure where I'd point you, aside from perhaps the introduction to RP classes .. Caledon Oxbridge used to have one. Five years ago, at least, not sure if they still do them.

Β 

A BeYou class sounds perfect! Where do they usually advertise that info? On their website? I'll def keep an eye out

I will look into Zooby! And I've gotten a decent feel for what type of RP to engage in, I'm more concerned about the ins and outs of the physical stuff/interacting with objects/knowing pregnancy HUDs/etc. That's where I have zero xp! Haha. I appreciate your suggestions!

Edited by LaikenCitara
1 minute ago, LaikenCitara said:

A BeYou class sounds perfect! Where do they usually advertise that info? On their website? I'll def keep an eye out

Β  Β It'll be sent out via notice in the in-world group. Might do it in the Discord group too, though I'm not sure about that. Feel free to give me a nudge if you'd like any help getting set up with that.

Just now, Orwar said:

Β  Β It'll be sent out via notice in the in-world group. Might do it in the Discord group too, though I'm not sure about that. Feel free to give me a nudge if you'd like any help getting set up with that.

great, thanks!!Β 

• Like 1
On 4/4/2021 at 8:27 PM, LaikenCitara said:

Hi,

NL

I would check out funsies and the mama allpha sims as well :)