When did you last see a Bellisserian home available? Starting afresh.

Frigga Freidman

26 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

That's what I do 99% of the time! I like to give the non-forum readers a chance. :D

I do both.  I particularly like to list it here if I know another forumite is looking for a particular type of home.  Or if I think a home that's been bouncing around is actually really special in some way that most hoppers might not have noticed.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, TarraMcBain said:

Hi I am going to release a sunset coastal land stilt http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Irukandji/196/235/25 If anyone is interested let me know and we can arrange a time to drop it.  OR I will be letting it go tomorrow.  

Letting this go today Friday 6-17 at 1:30 pm SLT

Edited by TarraMcBain
time
  • Like 4

While I appreciate the thought of trying to hand off a parcel to someone who you know would like it, I think it would be more fair to the SL community at large if abandoned parcels would go to the bottom of the pile. Otherwise we're going to end up with mostly those playing the Game of Homes getting all the best new parcels, while others who don't come onto the forum get what's left over.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

While I appreciate the thought of trying to hand off a parcel to someone who you know would like it, I think it would be more fair to the SL community at large if abandoned parcels would go to the bottom of the pile. Otherwise we're going to end up with mostly those playing the Game of Homes getting all the best new parcels, while others who don't come onto the forum get what's left over.

Actually I am fine with the system as it is. I think it is a fair system and works efficiently.

• Like 5

When there are no homes of a certain theme on the page and you drop one, it doesn't matter much where it drops in the queue. The bottom AND the top of the queue are the same because there is only one house there (maybe two - one sometimes hides).

If there are a bunch on the page I rarely bother to announce it because it isn't likely to be picked up. I dropped a nice Sakura house and it lingered in the queue for days.

I did manage to pick up that stilt when it was dropped. I want to be transparent about that - not that I need to be. I plucked it off the land page at the time the previous owner posted here. I got another house three times (which was hidden in the queue on Twin Anchors) and had to keep abandoning it. The one I liked lingered on the page for several minutes before I finally picked it up. I have been watching for over-land stilts for a week and tracking those regions. When I saw an over-land stilt, I would look at the map and see if any of the houses I liked were Linden Homes and if not, I did not roll. I would have seen it on the page, found it on the map and likely would have picked it up even if it had not been posted here. I’ve never had GOH’ers privately swap a house to me personally. A forumite once dropped a house for a friend of mine (not a GOH player or a forum member) when I asked here in this forum for help for her and she still has this house today.

From now on I will drop things to the page quietly, because I do understand the frustration.

Edited by Mercedes Avon
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

That's pretty much what happens, which is why I like to throw houses out there without announcing it, so that it's more random as to who will get them (and the non-forum folks can get some nice "leftovers"). I did manage to pass one Sakura to a friend a few weeks ago when the new regions were first rolling out. There were a ton of nice Sakuras out there, and it was pure luck that she got the one I tossed, but I don't feel bad about it since there were so many lovely homes there for the taking. 

Otherwise, the only transfers I've made in some time were moving a trad to myself from an alt, which I wouldn't think anyone would have a problem with. :)  That's the main reason I wouldn't want abandons to go to the back of the queue. 

• Like 2

I just noticed there are NO Fantasy homes on the land page, but I am sure there are some that are Linden Home out there!

There are two new regions in the NE, one is called Earth Linden Fire and the other is called Sunshiny Day and they have all the homes there listed as Linden Home.

This is baffling to me!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Suffice to say those who think the system works efficiently and are agreeing with this statement are the ones who are being passed homes from the chief GOH's player. 

#Sakura 

... and every other theme!

Edited by Fleur Aurelia
Decided to change my choice of words.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Fay Starlight said:

This is baffling to me!

I think that, after a region's homes are set to "Linden Home", a Linden still has to somehow 'release' the region before it shows up on the land page.  Think of the newest stilt regions, which were headed full steam ahead for release before the confusion between on-land and on-pier homes held them up.  They've now been Linden Homes for weeks, but the only on-land stilts on the land page are the occasional abandons.  Similarly, there are chalet regions that have been Linden Homes for many months, in which not one home has ever been claimed.  I don't think those regions have truly been "released".

Since there's no way to know WHY those new Fantasy regions haven't been fully released, I suppose there's still room for bafflement!  Perhaps LL is just saving them for some time when they have a lot of newly premium residents.

• Like 2

I have been watching the map for about a week or more for certain Sakura regions where all the homes say Linden Home but not one home is claimed. I guess those regions have not been released as I keep getting the same abandons over and over. 

The land page now has all types stilts available on it and I am locked for 24 hrs lol. figures! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fleur Aurelia said:

Suffice to say those who think the system works efficiently and are agreeing with this statement are the ones who are being passed homes from the chief GOH's player. 

#Sakura 

Yes.  I don't even bother trying to claim homes on my own anymore.  I just wait for perfect spots to be handed to me whenever I want.  It's great.  

• Haha 15

13 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

I did manage to pick up that stilt when it was dropped. I want to be transparent about that - not that I need to be. I plucked it off the land page at the time the previous owner posted here. I got another house three times (which was hidden in the queue on Twin Anchors) and had to keep abandoning it. The one I liked lingered on the page for several minutes before I finally picked it up. I have been watching for over-land stilts for a week and tracking those regions. When I saw an over-land stilt, I would look at the map and see if any of the houses I liked were Linden Homes and if not, I did not roll. I would have seen it on the page, found it on the map and likely would have picked it up even if it had not been posted here.

Thank you for explaining the process you went through and effort it took to land a spot you wanted.

In the end, I am glad your diligence and hard work payed off for you and you landed the place. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Seems Fantasy is removed entirely from the land page, because all these abandons from April are still Linden Home. Perhaps they're preparing to re-arrange the way you select Bellissera homes, and broke a few things on purpose. I was never a fan of the drop-down, because all of the other continents are outdated. They're probably preparing to retire the old homes for good, and accidentally nuked a few new themes, LOL!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, yestothis said:

Seems Fantasy is removed entirely from the land page, because all these abandons from April are still Linden Home. Perhaps they're preparing to re-arrange the way you select Bellissera homes, and broke a few things on purpose. I was never a fan of the drop-down, because all of the other continents are outdated. They're probably preparing to retire the old homes for good, and accidentally nuked a few new themes, LOL!

WOW! 

Ok, hadn't thought of that with the drop down--perhaps the fantasy are going to have their own drop down?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fay Starlight said:

As far as retiring older themes, I think it has been mentioned that there might be a phase out someday? 

No idea how or when--- and honestly if I am remembering wrong!

I'm hoping they keep that one old LH continent that has the cool sculpted dragon cave. If people really want an older home, I think one continent will be enough for them. Delete the rest, but give the people living there plenty of time - like 6 months - to move. Send them a link in their email to the one remaining old home continent, so they can see there is still an old LH area for them if that's what they really want.

What I'd like them to do with the one remaining continent won't be done, because they won't want to sink more resources into it. I'd like them to finish off the coast line and replace the old trees with mesh ones. That would require work from Moles that's needed on the new LH regions though, which should of course be a higher priority.

10 hours ago, Fleur Aurelia said:

#Sakura 

I tend to agree with you.  However if Linden Labs took the time to fix the exploit on the website that is being used it would all stop instantly 😊. Enjoy the weekend because the weather is lovely.

Edited by Aria Aurelia
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/16/2022 at 7:50 AM, Matthieu Quander said:

Of course, the alternative is to have your main alt always be a temporary home owner, leaving them free to claim new themes as they become available.  Unfortunately, this pretty much guarantees that they will be the alt that gets all the keeper locations.  The Game of Homes gods are cruel that way.    

You are so right!

• Like 1

Maybe some of Patch’s message this week will relate to removing the old homes as an option. Given that several types of the new homes are available each time the page is accessed…

Are the Sakura Homes available now abandons? What about the Newbrookes? I'm getting wanderlust, but I think I might regret abandoning this parcel.

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

Maybe some of Patch’s message this week will relate to removing the old homes as an option. Given that several types of the new homes are available each time the page is accessed…

Are the Sakura Homes available now abandons? What about the Newbrookes? I'm getting wanderlust, but I think I might regret abandoning this parcel.

I'm always on the lookout for the perfect Trad. Of course that means abandons. This morning I threw back a not so perfect Trad. It was a nice location, too. It was inland on a corner with a pretty park next to it. A lot of nice features. The very next roll, I landed a stilt on pier. You know how rare those are!  It may be a keeper. My alt's heart skipped a beat at the region name -- Restless Shore. 

• Like 4