When did you last see a Bellisserian home available? Starting afresh.

Frigga Freidman

35 minutes ago, patynnis said:

hi, is there a way to claim a Bellisserian home that is empty from the viewer? or, do i have to constantly abandon my home to look?  i'm seeking a stilt home.  

If you have an alt that does not own a Linden Home, you can see what Bellisseria homes are currently available - whether the alt is Premium or not.  However, since the Stilt homes are in such demand, even if you happen to see a Stilt home on the land page via an alt, it would be gone by the time you did the Abandon with you 'patynnis' account and then tried to claim it with that account.

• Like 1

There is actually a stilt currently in the queue, but as noted above, it will get snatched up quickly unless they have released more (I have no reason to think that they have).  If you do want to take your chances, you will not end up homeless, as there are plenty of Chalets to be had at the moment.  

image.png.63a77e5deb7e8246d943513853031325.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

You dont have to abandon your home just to look and see if what you want is available on the land page. You can log in to SL on a non-premium alt, select the "upgrade to premium"button (dont worry you wont get charged) and it brings you to page with the plans and a bit lower on the page is the "Own Your Private Home" section. In it there is a small text link titled "More information on Linden Homes". Click that link. It will bring you to a new page. Click the "Get Your Home Now" button and it will show you the list of what is available. As long as you dont actually select a home on that page, it wont try to charge you to upgrade that alt to premium.

Then if you see the type you want.. you can log out, log on to your premium account, abandon your current one and go for the new one. But a word of warning... the stilts dont stay up very long so it is possible that what you see on the alt wont be available by the time you abandon on your premium account.

Much simpler route - if someone is logged in to the web site with a non-Linden home owning account, they simply need to use this url: https://land.secondlife.com/en-US//lindenhomes/land-selection.php

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

More on the topic of the noise from windmills (which is very realistic, the moles did an outstanding job of reproducing the sounds)!  Thank you moles   :)  Early this morning I landed a "kinda close to the windmill" chalet in Fiddlesticks which is gorgeous...I want to keep it this time!! so I took another stab at muting the sounds and succeeded! 

If anyone else lives close to a windmill and wants to turn the sounds off these are the steps I took:  I think I muted 4 objects.  Don't derender or parts of the windmill disappear lol.

inside the windmill at base:

windmill grind wheels - Right click  wheel, more, more, mute, block  (there are 2 wheels)

windmill crown wheel (same)

up top inside - find the "Bavarian Windmill Sweepers" and do same

***Edit:  unfortunately this muting made the windmill sails stop turning...no noise. but no motion  :( ***

Edited by Malayaa
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I use the sound explorer in the Firestorm viewer when I want to mute a sound. My neighbor had these super loud wind chimes with a repetitive like musical sound that I felt was going to make me want to delete myself. I pop up the explorer and pause the scrolling log and from there you can listen to the sounds and once you find the annoying one, you can blacklist it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, Malayaa said:

inside the windmill at base:

windmill grind wheels - Right click  wheel, more, more, mute, block  (there are 2 wheels)

windmill crown wheel (same)

up top inside - find the "Bavarian Windmill Sweepers" and do same

***Edit:  unfortunately this muting made the windmill sails stop turning...no noise. but no motion  :( ***

I believe that if you leave the region and then return, you should see the wheels and blades resume turning, without sound.  Also note that the wheels make the loud clattering noises, but the blades ("sails") make a quieter whoosh noise, which you may not find so bothersome.

tedious explanation: The rotation is almost certainly done via a command called llTargetOmega.  For non-physical objects (like the windmills), llTargetOmega rotation is done completely client-side; the servers don't even know it's happening.  Ever since the beforetimes, whenever you put an object rotating via TargetOmega into edit, the rotation usually stops.  Leave the region and return, or relog, and you will see it rotate again.  I've never bothered to find out why this is, and whether it's considered a (unfixable?) bug or not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

15 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I believe that if you leave the region and then return, you should see the wheels and blades resume turning, without sound.  Also note that the wheels make the loud clattering noises, but the blades ("sails") make a quieter whoosh noise, which you may not find so bothersome.

tedious explanation: The rotation is almost certainly done via a command called llTargetOmega.  For non-physical objects (like the windmills), llTargetOmega rotation is done completely client-side; the servers don't even know it's happening.  Ever since the beforetimes, whenever you put an object rotating via TargetOmega into edit, the rotation usually stops.  Leave the region and return, or relog, and you will see it rotate again.  I've never bothered to find out why this is, and whether it's considered a (unfixable?) bug or not.

Thank you for that information.  I clicked on a wheel to see who made it and it stopped moving.  I thought the Moles would come and tell me off.

• Haha 10

31 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

This reminds me of the "angle fish" in some of the ponds in Bellisseria. You click them and they stop swimming, and then you think OH NO I KILLED A MOLE'S FISH. Maybe they use that same command to swim around in the pond?

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I've never bothered to find out why this is, and whether it's considered a (unfixable?) bug or not.

Actually, now that I think about it, I bet I know why the motion stops.  Here is the theory that I have, the theory which is mine, and I own it.  This theory, which is mine.  And it is true!  And mine, though it has nothing to do with brontosauruses (brontosaurii?)

The theory is:

When you click an object, that causes the server to update it, and to send that update your way.  However, the server doesn't know the object is rotating in your viewer.  It sends you its most recent (static) version of the object.  Which your cache will happily hold onto until that object is again updated ... say, when you leave and return.

Or something like that.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

So I did it.. I abandoned a really nice Trad and got a Chalet. At first I did not like them but it turned out that what I did not like was the region I originally landed on and its neighboring regions. (That soured me on Chalet's and I went and got a Log Cabin instead.) Then a friend landed a nice spot on Drumlin, which was quite pleasant. So I decided to go for it...

I wasnt crazy about the first 4 spots I landed but I got lucky on try #5. It isnt one of the "hot" spots that most people long for -- such as on a river with windmill, etc. But it is nice and I like it.

My criteria was that I wanted lots of green/nature, a bit of space between me and my neighbors,  and either hills or water. I got a spot close to two small ponds. It is just past where the road ends, so there is lots of grass/plants and less brick/asphalt.. yey!

The view from both the front and the back yards are really nice.

Here is a very brief photo tour... The first picture is a snapshot of the house. The second is the view from the front yard and the third is the view from the back yard.

SweetSong Home Picture 1.png

SweetSong Home Picture 2 - View from Front yard.png

SweetSong Home Picture 3 - View From Back Yard.png

• Like 27

On 4/5/2021 at 7:31 PM, Malayaa said:

Lol that is the main reason I left the windmill spot, I like to have my sound on and listen to the birds and water noises, and was not able to find the "windmill grinding sound" using Sound Explorer, or searching on windmill objects and muting them.  Also, the location is right in the heart of Chaily in the middle of everything,  and I was finding I was spending all my time at another chalet that is more secluded and tucked away...

This has been answered by others, but I have an alternative.  I have a sound setting that lets me hear noise from the placement of my camera instead of equally from everywhere.  As I get closer to things, the sound from them gets louder.  I have chalet next to a windmill and I can barely hear it unless I walk right over to the base of it and it gets louder the closer I get.  When I am camming around inside of it, it is fun (and less confusing) to hear only the sounds of things I am close to.  I can cam around inside the windmill and stop when the sound is loudest and be close to whatever part is making the sound.  I have blocked windchimes and other things when the sound of them has been turned up ridiculously high or people don't restrict the sound to their parcels.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Actually, now that I think about it, I bet I know why the motion stops.  Here is the theory that I have, the theory which is mine, and I own it.  This theory, which is mine.  And it is true!  And mine, though it has nothing to do with brontosauruses (brontosaurii?)

Parcels start out small, then they get big in the middle when you buy more land, then they get little again when you tier down.  That's my theory, which is mine, that is to say that I invented it.

• Haha 8

5 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Parcels start out small, then they get big in the middle when you buy more land, then they get little again when you tier down.  That's my theory, which is mine, that is to say that I invented it.

How many young’uns have no idea... 😆 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8