When did you last see a Bellisserian home available? Starting afresh.

Frigga Freidman

Yes, there has definitely been an uptick in abandons in the last week. Some of the styles (like the Stilts) come and go quickly. I've been hunting down a new location and finally secured a stilt on land with the back part of the  property in the water. Popped into a motorboat and drove through the islands last night, up through then chalet river to the end of it at the north.My only issue with the new location is a nearby resident having about 5 KittyCats. So here we go again with the nice reminders...

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Do you have any idea if it had been named for quite a while?

I think they were named in middle July. They named a few new cabin and stilt regions all at once- about eight of each theme.

Edited by Fay Starlight
  • Thanks 1

It's so quiet here in the forums, and in Belli chat - usually there are 100+ people logged on, but now there's 8, including me though I'm not really there. It's usually very busy in the lead up to a major release. Is there something happening that I'm missing? (I'm feeling guilty about using the 'buzz of excitement' as an excuse for not doing the vacuuming 😕 )

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

It's so quiet here in the forums, and in Belli chat - usually there are 100+ people logged on, but now there's 8, including me though I'm not really there. It's usually very busy in the lead up to a major release. Is there something happening that I'm missing? (I'm feeling guilty about using the 'buzz of excitement' as an excuse for not doing the vacuuming 😕 )

Oh you don't want to vacuum - you might not hear the computer ding over the noise...that is the excuse I use anyway,  it works for me!   

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

There could be a number of reasons why the excitement level isn't to the level of earlier releases.

1. It is the seventh theme release, and there is good inventory of at least one of the previous themes (chalets). So it's not like the situation when the Traditionals, Victorians, or Log Cabins were released, when there were a lot of people who wanted a new Linden Home and not enough homes to meet the demand.
  2. We don't know just how much demand there is for the new theme. Obviously there are people who are thrilled with it, but it is a subset of all potential "homeowners." After the initial curiosity subsides, there might be less demand for the fantasy theme than for some of the other themes (right now, I'm thinking Stilts, and possibly Victorians, Log Cabins and Houseboats). This is why I think it was smart to go with interiors that were not obviously fantasy/whimsical. If in the future only fantasy homes are available, at least there is some flexibility in furnishing the inside.
  3. While communication channels are improving, there are many people in SL who have no clue about things that are happening, either on an official LL level, or from various groups in SL.
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

LOL, I just pop in between bouts of work as a short break.  But, a question:  how do you know how many folks are logged in at any time?  TIA

14 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

LOL, I just pop in between bouts of work as a short break.  But, a question:  how do you know how many folks are logged in at any time?  TIA

If you’re a member of Bellisseria Citizens and you open the chat window, everyone else who also has that chat window open is listed in a column on the left. Your own name will be at the top of the list, then those who have most recently participated in the chat, then the rest in alphabetical order. Usually you have to scroll and scroll to get to the bottom of the list. (Note: the names shown are *not* those of everyone who belongs to the group, or even everyone logged in who belongs, just those who have the chat window open or dormant in the background.)

But I think there may be some problems with Chat right now - none of the groups that are open for me show anything posted after 10am SLT,.

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

There could be a number of reasons why the excitement level isn't to the level of earlier releases.

1. It is the seventh theme release, and there is good inventory of at least one of the previous themes (chalets). So it's not like the situation when the Traditionals, Victorians, or Log Cabins were released, when there were a lot of people who wanted a new Linden Home and not enough homes to meet the demand.
  2. We don't know just how much demand there is for the new theme. Obviously there are people who are thrilled with it, but it is a subset of all potential "homeowners." After the initial curiosity subsides, there might be less demand for the fantasy theme than for some of the other themes (right now, I'm thinking Stilts, and possibly Victorians, Log Cabins and Houseboats). This is why I think it was smart to go with interiors that were not obviously fantasy/whimsical. If in the future only fantasy homes are available, at least there is some flexibility in furnishing the inside.
  3. While communication channels are improving, there are many people in SL who have no clue about things that are happening, either on an official LL level, or from various groups in SL.

Agreed, it has been more than two years, and everything that goes up, must go down.

Also, this is a very specific theme, and it doesn't appeal to everybody, particularly because it can be a bit dark. 

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 3

Very few people in group chat compared to normal is more likely to indicate the chat has broken again. As far as excitement goes, I'm sure people are refreshing the page and watching. That's what I'm doing. There's not a lot to do other than wait at the moment.

I'd say that knowledge of the houses outside of people usually involved in Linden Homes isn't as good as it could be. People in fantasy groups are still surprised it's happening. The houses have all been realistic up to now, so people weren't paying attention. I'm sure word will get out once they're actually out and people can visit them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Polenth Yue said:

Very few people in group chat compared to normal is more likely to indicate the chat has broken again.

Yes, that's what I've concluded. No comments visible after 10am SLT. Considering that Patch has in the past announced "not today" in the Belli Cit chat, the fact that nothing has appeared in the forums indicates a release *could* still be possible today. 

Personally, I have no interest in getting a Fantasy home, just as I had no interest in the Chalets, but witnessing the buzz can still be fun. Given the enthusiasm in this forum, I did expect people to be waiting for a reveal, but inworld there's been nothing today in any likely location that I could see. (I missed the actual release of the Chalets, but assumed it was as manic as the Stilts. I guess maybe it wasn't, after all.) Anyway, good luck to everyone who wants to nab a fantasy home. Whenever.

Still holding on for The Jetsons...

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

dormant in the background.

That sums me up - here but often AFK - I don't think there is as much draw for the fantasy theme as yet but I can see it catching on as people share their new homes and decors. I am absolutely mad for the fantasy theme it looks amazing and the more we wait the more I feel I am going to want to keep one despite having reservations over the landscaping at first I think it is fun and a lot of people will catch onto that - Oh and I tried posting in chat to answer a question earlier it said the server timed out on my messages

Edited by Chloe Bunny
chat addition
  • Like 2

Just out of curiosity, what is the Labs thinking behind not releasing all, for example, stilts before a new release of another theme?  Also, I can't imagine that the Fantasy theme is as much popular as say the Trads, Stilts, etc...so how many fantasy regions are there, compared to other themes?  Ugh, I'm sure my grammar composition is not the greatest, but hope you all know what I mean :P

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

Just out of curiosity, what is the Labs thinking behind not releasing all, for example, stilts before a new release of another theme? 

I don't know but I kinda think it's a good thing to release different themes concurrently as it provides more variety. As shown by others here there is often a good choice on the land page (although there aren't enough Stilts (Pier or OW) though as those are the least frequently seen on the Land page I think). I think the Fantasy homes will be quite popular, at least in the beginning when people want to try them out.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

If you’re a member of Bellisseria Citizens and you open the chat window, everyone else who also has that chat window open is listed in a column on the left. Your own name will be at the top of the list, then those who have most recently participated in the chat, then the rest in alphabetical order. Usually you have to scroll and scroll to get to the bottom of the list. (Note: the names shown are *not* those of everyone who belongs to the group, or even everyone logged in who belongs, just those who have the chat window open or dormant in the background.)

I had thought that this capability ("presence" indicators) had been mostly disabled a little while ago, in order to make group chat a little more scalable.  When I look on the left-hand panel, all I see are myself and whichever moderators are online.  If so, I can understand why ... in any largish messaging system, "presence" messages quickly overwhelm actual messages.  You think that you can just deploy one presence server per network, then you need another ...and another .. and another ... and then you need coordination protocols just for presence messaging, and bandwidth management just for presence  .... and then ... oh, presence is a real bear to try to scale.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I had thought that this capability ("presence" indicators) had been mostly disabled a little while ago, in order to make group chat a little more scalable.  

Well, there were 100+ names listed in Chat for that group a couple of days ago, with only 12-15 people active at most. I was going to test the ‘presence’ by logging into another of my accounts at the same time, but my laptop was downloading an update so everything dragged. Will try again later, if Chat seems to be working.

• Like 1