When did you last see a Bellisserian home available? Starting afresh.

Frigga Freidman

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

******************************************************************************************************************

I've been away for a bit and don't know if it's been mentioned in *this* thread (as it was in the previous "When did you last see" thread that was locked back in April), so I think it's worth mentioning here (before the rush to grab new-theme homes and abandons) that you can easily check which themes are currently available on the Land page by logging in with a non-premium or Linden-homeless premium account and using this url: https://land.secondlife.com/en-US/lindenhomes/land-selection.php

It's also worth mentioning again that when you abandon a parcel and want to ensure that it has been allocated to someone else before you "roll the dice" again, there's no need to stand there waiting for the next owner to appear; just click on the arrow-thingy to the right of the entry for that parcel in your teleport history to see if the parcel name has changed from Linden Home to something else. 

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

I hope it's me lol I'm having a hard time getting one...and I have no clue how to change the model.  Supposedly your suppose to be able to choose from 4 types in the category..idk I can't find that option, it sure isn't in the control module at the door that changes colors and stuff like that.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Caitlin Coen said:

I hope it's me lol I'm having a hard time getting one...and I have no clue how to change the model.  Supposedly your suppose to be able to choose from 4 types in the category..idk I can't find that option, it sure isn't in the control module at the door that changes colors and stuff like that.  

Hi the option to change house model is in the front yard of the stilt (a pier with a light on top) or for a chalet it is a mailbox in front...the campers have a wooden stick off to the side to change models... 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

Awesome, @Always Incognito! I am like Chloe. I only want one LL home, but I parcel/theme hop a lot, and it makes me sad to give up a great location, but I smile big when someone gets it who really loves it! Congrats on that one!

Thank you 🙏 *feels blessed* great to have you hopping around, stirring the kettle 😄

• Like 4

On 7/21/2021 at 11:47 AM, Marisa Starbrook said:

Since you named the region, you should be able to get first choice and the most primo location. That seems fair (at least to me).

Dear Marisa, thank you so much for the suggestion; it totally worked!  File this under It Never Hurts to Ask!! 

1010306542_OwlsFlight1_001.thumb.jpg.f0d914e7b8ec4fbb0e150dd1052292c1.jpg

• Like 15

1 hour ago, BelliKitty said:

That is good to know! 

So when do you think theyll do a house of choice contest,so if i win i can name the region too? Or you know,can anyone now just ask for the house they want? Definitely filed under " good to know" ;)

It is the charity auction - you make a donation as a charity bid and there are various prizes - name a region is one of them 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BelliKitty said:

Or you know,can anyone now just ask for the house they want?

No, you can't.  The auction to name a region is usually held during the Christmas Expo (early December), the entire event being a fundraiser for the ACS (cancer society). 

Often the bidders in that particular auction have lost a loved one to cancer and wish to memorialize them in SL.

• Like 4

I think most of us have lost at least one person to cancer,i lost someone too. It doesnt entitle me to any extras, and as having ovarian cancer only entitled me to sickening treatments,im not sure i want the extras. As for the naming of the region being one of the auctions...right. One.

• Like 2

They have auctioned off specific parcels in the past as well, so hopefully next time they have an auction your bid will be successful. Personally I'd rather see someone giving to cancer research and getting to pick ONE house on a specific sim than spending an equivalent amount on premium subscriptions and getting to pick dozens, but that's just because I think cancer research is a better cause than pixel housing. I know not everyone agrees with me on this, though.

• Like 4

I lost my father when he was just 58, and my grandfather when he was 70, both to cancer. So I'm happy people are donating money that will go into investigation.

And the 'privilege' of getting to name a region and being the first one in claiming the prime spot there, is nothing compared to the generosity of giving away that money. 

On a happy note, and going back to the topic: I also hope the fantasy region is released soon (actually 'soon'). I'm not getting one, but I'm really looking forward to explore the new areas. I keep track of the forum for that!

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 11

thanks for that link frigga-works great.  Sitting in waiting.  Did get a nice stilt home..and I have a question.  Why the heck isn't there beach access for those of us more inland at the water?  Guess I thought there might be a beach or path between parcels (under Linden Maintenance) that would make a great little walkway in for a swim.  I'm going to try and find another location but I really like the builds.  

• Like 2

*Will release at 3:30 slt

Anyone need a lovely log home? Behind it is mountains and water with a little picnic area just beyond the back yard. Road in the front and side, and a bit of a private pond. 

Dark99_032.png

Edited by Nurturing
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Emma Krokus said:

When is a good time to look for abandoneds on the Linden Home page - seen only campers and chalets in the last 4 hours or so.

Now. I’m seeing all types often! People must be abandoning for the fantasy homes coming out soon. Yay! 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1