When did you last see a Bellisserian home available? Starting afresh.

Frigga Freidman

4 hours ago, Chloe Bunny said:

This camper at https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dancing Elk/120/92/0 - also going in now

All fine abandons ♥

Snapshot_073.png

This was so tempting, Chloe, however, I thought I'd have some restraint because the designated alt is set to retire in a couple days. Wouldn't you know, that Anastasia idly clicked on a great Trad in Holliday? Once again faced with a dilemma:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

That's only four abandonds.  So what did you settle on?  The world wants to know.  😄

Oh I am still waiting for Kenneth region but I do have a good boat in Gangway and one in Carden... Kenneth will be the end of the line :) apart from maybe a fantasy home if he isn't in the fantasy homes!

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

This was so tempting, Chloe, however, I thought I'd have some restraint because the designated alt is set to retire in a couple days. Wouldn't you know, that Anastasia idly clicked on a great Trad in Holliday? Once again faced with a dilemma:

Oh Marisa I feel the pain!!!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Chloe Bunny said:

Oh I am still waiting for Kenneth region but I do have a good boat in Gangway and one in Carden... Kenneth will be the end of the line :) apart from maybe a fantasy home if he isn't in the fantasy homes!

I feel your pain!  I remember that we messaged back in Dec/Jan about the region naming auctions we had both won.  I am still waiting to see Owls Flight somewhere on the SL map and at this point I think it would also be a great region name for fantasy homes.  I even filed a new ticket last Thursday to ask "when might this happen" but have heard nothing so far.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I feel your pain!  I remember that we messaged back in Dec/Jan about the region naming auctions we had both won.  I am still waiting to see Owls Flight somewhere on the SL map and at this point I think it would also be a great region name for fantasy homes.  I even filed a new ticket last Thursday to ask "when might this happen" but have heard nothing so far.

I am looking out for Owl's Flight - it would definitely be cool in the fantasy regions - when I put my bid on I knew the wait would be long I had my money on 6-8 months :) 

They are building the suspense!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Are Stilts available much?  I actually have not logged into SL in a while....I will need to pay again in about a week, so I had kind of decided to go back to basic for now, until I got interested again, so I went in to remove all my stuff from my Stilt house & abandon.....which I did....but then I decided to see if I could get a good location for a stilt near houseboats...which I love to look at....but, no stilts available.....so I took a Chalet, but not into them, so will keep looking for a stilt......I should have checked first to see if any were available before I gave it up.

• Like 3

There are actually three types of stilts...

OL = Over land, which may or may not boarder water. Some of them are quite inland and not at all close to the shore but still has a water view.

OW = Over Water. These are not collected to anything. Supposedly they are only accessible by boat (but of course TP or flying or walking through the water still works). Many people build wrap-around decks around them so that they can have some sort of outside. Others have boats up against their deck.

PIER = connected to a pier. The Pier itself may be connected to land at one end or may be just a ramp in the water with houses attached to it

I dont watch closely but my impression is that OL comes up several times a day, but OW and PIER are less frequent.

If you want an OW or PIER and see one on the land page, grab it immediately as it will probably be taken in minutes.

They are however building more stilts. Not sure when they will be released or how quickly they will go.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Teresa Firelight said:

OW = Over Water. These are not collected to anything. Supposedly they are only accessible by boat (but of course TP or flying or walking through the water still works).

There's also a variant of OW stilts which are attached to boardwalks that go along a coast.  This whole line of stilts are all OW.

1643586043_OWstilts_001.thumb.jpg.745c512a396d09f9916f99960a716be8.jpg

• Like 6

actually I live in one of those... the blue one in the picture at the end is my house... and it was listed on the Land Page as Pier. (If you edit any pier home, the house name will say OW because it does not have a staircase going to the ground.)

When I spoke of 3 types of Stilts, what I was referring to was how locations are listed on land page, not the type of object the controller rezzes.

Edited by Teresa Firelight
clarify last paragraph better
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Teresa Firelight said:

(If you edit any pier home, the house name will say OW because it does not have a staircase going to the ground.)

When I spoke of 3 types of Stilts, what I was referring to was how locations are listed on land page, not the type of object the controller rezzes.

Oh, thank you, that makes sense.  I didn't realize.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Wow, Owls Flight is finally on the map!!  Unreleased region of Log Homes:1905346602_owlsflight.thumb.JPG.aba422e1fdb564cdef465de194336aca.JPG

Ack, I may need a new alt to try for Logs again!!

Since you named the region, you should be able to get first choice and the most primo location. That seems fair (at least to me).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1