When did you last see a Bellisserian home available? Starting afresh.

Frigga Freidman

57 minutes ago, Mercedes Avon said:

I am down to ONE linden home, and I think that one will be thrown into the land page soon. I am missing my ability to have a blank canvas and to put down the house I want. Furthermore, I have so many pretty things I can't get out due to prim limits. It is not easy though when you fight your way to your hallelujah home, fending off land sharks left and right (haha), only to discover the honeymoon is kind of over.

But the good thing is that these homes are still here if you want to have one again.  

• Like 8

@Mercedes Avoni know what you mean about the bloom coming off the rose. I tend to be a tumbleweed. No matter how much I love a location, I eventually have the need to move on. I’ve kept houseboats the longest. Even when I rented on private estates, I would decorate my own house, tire of it, and move on to the next parcel. I’ve always enjoyed seeing how you’ve transformed your Linden homes. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Malayaa Morningstar said:

Releasing this interesting Fishtown houseboat with a view of Pyri, lighthouse and mainland.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fishtown/92/155/22  it is the navy house closest to the trad/ Releasing at 8:50 am slt in 2 minutes

Fishtown Houseboat

I let that fly earlier I got it a day or so ago I think - some nice areas coming out

• Like 5

On 8/22/2021 at 2:48 AM, Mercedes Avon said:

I am down to ONE linden home, and I think that one will be thrown into the land page soon. I am missing my ability to have a blank canvas and to put down the house I want. Furthermore, I have so many pretty things I can't get out due to prim limits. It is not easy though when you fight your way to your hallelujah home, fending off land sharks left and right (haha), only to discover the honeymoon is kind of over.

Same here, one Linden home. And I have hunted so many times by standing in a region and waiting for it. It got old. When it was time to renew my alts, I started to look at the monthly and quarterly cost, and saw that was a bad deal compared to annual. But annual was a stiff price to pay all in once for more than one avatar.

I think I will get new interest if LL ever makes a modern theme. I must say that the last two or three was not doing much for me. That's why I reverted to Victorians, and got a really good one now! 😁

Not had time to decorate it yet, so... I really want a new type canvas to start making it work with 351 prims.

Edited by Marianne Little
added a few words to clarify
  • Like 9

At the moment I have four LIndenhomes: Two Traditionals, one Houseboat (all on the good OLD first Bellisseria continent!) and one Stilt on Pier. I planned to abandon the Houseboat in order to degrade that alt to Basic but I forgot and whooosh LL took the money for one more year off my Paypal, so I decided to keep it for one more year. And now Houseboats are the rare thing that comes seldom to the LP.

All four are Halleluja homes! all on seashore with great views (one Trad and the HB view with lighthouses!) and all four are SO much better than ANYTHING you are offered nowadays that I cannot bring myself to part with any of them. It cost me so much time and nerves to catch them that it seems to be a terrible waste to let any of them go.

All four are on annual rate and I would never consider something else. If you calculate closely (and count the stipend and do NOT spend it but accumulate it to pay for the next annual) it is really quite cheap. If the next theme is really overwhelming (for ME !which Campers, Loghomes, Chalets and Fantasy were NOT!) than might be I part with the Houseboat and go househunting again. And MAYBE I'll buy one or two alts a monthly to assist ... maybe ... ;)

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 12

13 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I let an alt take a look at the page. 8 themes available as I post.

The Fantasy theme is not so popular that it's sold out yet. Maybe Bellisseria is almost where the demand is met.

I think maybe yes, but in terms of specific themes no - No houseboats or Stilts on Piers there. They need to make more:) It's definately at the point where no-one needs to be homeless any more.

It's possible that as more people get to know about Bellisseria (not everyone does), and when residents finally have to leave the old homes,  that it could get to being nearly sold out. It would be good if they build more than is the actual demand to allow room for future resident growth (which I'm sure they would). I wonder how many homes have been built now, I lost track ages ago:)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I think maybe yes, but in terms of specific themes no - No houseboats or Stilts on Piers there. They need to make more:) It's definately at the point where no-one needs to be homeless any more.

It's possible that as more people get to know about Bellisseria (not everyone does), and when residents finally have to leave the old homes,  that it could get to being nearly sold out. It would be good if they build more than is the actual demand to allow room for future resident growth (which I'm sure they would). I wonder how many homes have been built now, I lost track ages ago:)

I do not think all of the old house owners will like the Bellisseria styles. It is no Meadowbrook style. No modern one. I wonder if they oversold the Fantasy homes when they should make more with general appeal instead, like houseboats.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I do not think all of the old house owners will like the Bellisseria styles. It is no Meadowbrook style. No modern one. I wonder if they oversold the Fantasy homes when they should make more with general appeal instead, like houseboats.

I personally think the Fantasy theme is a good one to have. I don't want one myself but I do understand the appeal. We need fantasy as well as realistic in Second Life:) Of course we haven't have the final two themes yet, so they may provide some themes that will help cater to an even wider range of tastes than all the ones released so far. I think it's great that they are making the themes with open plan options as it gives flexibility for those who do like the open plan style of Meadowbrook, and will make them more appealling in that respect.

• Like 5

It is nice to frequently see most themes available on the Land Page, but there are nowhere close to enough homes that both meet current demand and what is needed to transplant those still living in the old areas, assuming that is still the plan.  There may be more Fantasy Homes and Chalets for the current demand, and Log Homes and some Stilt styles could end up in that state once all regions that are in progress are released, but others are still in short supply, with the possible exception of campers, which have the 512sqm factor that both increases and decreases their appeal.  

I don't know if the goal is to balance availability across all themes, but if it is, it will be very challenging to execute.  I think realistically, we will have to live with an imbalance, and some of the more popular themes will perpetually be in short supply, but at least there are homes available.

• Like 2

Honestly, LL cannot predict what will be the most scarce theme 6 months from now. I don’t think the goal is to make ALL themes available always, but rather, you can get a Linden Home always, and keep trying. Having a glut serves no purpose except have some neighborhoods sit empty. For me, the appeal of LH is that it is in limited supply, not cloned stamped a thousand times (like the old LHs).

4 hours ago, yestothis said:

Honestly, LL cannot predict what will be the most scarce theme 6 months from now. I don’t think the goal is to make ALL themes available always, but rather, you can get a Linden Home always, and keep trying. Having a glut serves no purpose except have some neighborhoods sit empty. For me, the appeal of LH is that it is in limited supply, not cloned stamped a thousand times (like the old LHs).

I agree that there is no promise or no goal to have all themes available always. Premium comes with a Linden home, not a specific Linden home.

I was on the page a lot the last weeks, and fewer than 4 themes was so rare. It was from 4 themes and up that was the norm.

It will be different when LL is closing the old Linden homes. LL will need a big amount of homes for the ones that have to move over to Bellisseria. But it will not be possible to "order" a style for them. Or at least I don't think it will be possible to grant any wishes. It will be too much for LL to handle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Malayaa Morningstar said:

Cliffside coastal Traditional at Ebbe Tide close to the harbor entrance, beautiful sunset views and cute topiaries in front.  Message me (here or in world) if you are interested and will try to toss it at a good time... http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ebbe Tide/126/25/42

355947825_EbbeTide1.png.fb7eda8c7a740f1736f7b7abef31a7a0.png

I released that yesterday, its beautyful but i felt a bit trapped between the hedges, i dont know why🤔

Edited by Always Incognito
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

OMFG, how could anyone give that up??

Yes i know...I just didnt like it, I admit its strange as it´s gorgeous so Im a bit ashamed. But I guess its a feng shui kind of stuff? Like irl, we like different stuff and i just didnt feel comfortable in that place  🤔 ( I dont understand the "eggplant" stuff whatsoever 😳 )

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Always Incognito said:

🤔 ( I dont understand the "eggplant" stuff whatsoever 😳 )

Yeah, I didn’t  understand eggplant either till I searched a bit.  Apparently there was a thread on another forum about the shape of that peninsula and they were trying not to be naughty, hence the Eggplant House.  🍆 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

You should give a warning.  Once it is seen you just can't unsee it.   I see them everywhere now! 

lol this came over from a discussion about the prevalence of such things in Belli.  As for the Adult Forum thread that was specifically about the Eggplant Peninsula, I DID entitle it "Once you see it, you can't UN-see it" 😄

• Haha 6