I guess I will be standing.... (please help)

vanitydarlington

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone! Hope all is well with you. 

I have a question. Has anyone experienced your AVI not being able to sit on objects such as furniture? For example, the other day I was invited for a bike ride. Everyone else was able to sit on the bikes but my avi was levitating over the bike. I have turned my AO off but for some reason I was still levitating. And this seems to happen with all objects. I have been using the object menu to reposition my avi but it has soon become a redundant ordeal so I just choose to stand. ;) 

Any tips or tricks? Or is the avi body and shape causing this? 

Thanks,

V. Darlington. 

31 minutes ago, vanitydarlington said:

Hey everyone! Hope all is well with you. 

I have a question. Has anyone experienced your AVI not being able to sit on objects such as furniture? For example, the other day I was invited for a bike ride. Everyone else was able to sit on the bikes but my avi was levitating over the bike. I have turned my AO off but for some reason I was still levitating. And this seems to happen with all objects. I have been using the object menu to reposition my avi but it has soon become a redundant ordeal so I just choose to stand. ;) 

Any tips or tricks? Or is the avi body and shape causing this? 

Thanks,

V. Darlington. 

Check your hover height.  It should be 0 in quick preferences and 50 in the appearance window.  Also, are you wearing any reformers or object shoe bases?

• Like 1

As mentioned, those are the first things to do .. turn off any Animation Overrides you are running, then fiddle with hover height. The next thing is to click on the thing you are trying to sit on and adjust the positions and save them. When I go dancing at Foxxies or Frankies, I always remind myself to turn off my AOs before clicking on the dance orbs.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 1

As well as the AO and hover height already mentioned, is your avatar particularly short or particularly tall?  Animations are by necessity made for an avatar of a specific height, and the further away you are from that height, the more you'll hover over (or sink down inside) the object you're sitting on. Furniture often has adjusters so you can alter the height and position but such scripts are usually not included with vehicles in order to keep script weight as low as possible. However, adjusting your body height and leg length sliders may help.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.