RPG-type "dungeons" in Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 71 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yeah there are a few, I don't know if there are any sims dedicated to it, but there are a few maze caverns I've had the pleasure of walking through. all of them happened to be of the adult variety though.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Quistessa said:

Yeah there are a few, I don't know if there are any sims dedicated to it, but there are a few maze caverns I've had the pleasure of walking through. all of them happened to be of the adult variety though.

Ah, that sounds cool! Thanks!

6 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

I’m always baffled why table top rpgs haven’t taken off on secondlife. It’s the perfect environment.

Because why do old school table top, writing, rolling and imagination in-world when you can do immersive campaigns with actual 3D visuals such as in RPG video games?

But thanks to LL's lack of offering competitive content creation tools in SL and finishing the few they started, even that common/basic gaming facet is strained to the point where RPG campaigns in-world STILL involve more text, reading & writing than visuals aside from what your own avatar wears, since the fasionista aspect of SL is covered in more ways than one.

INB4 that one "guy" that takes anyone's mention/usage of "gaming" too literally, I simply mean we need more content creation tools. All manner of commerce would benefit.

• Like 4

Another reason you don't see many sprawling dungeons in SL is strictly because of insane land costs.

It takes community/group funding to operate such RP worlds/regions full time and/or long term.

The alternative would be something like JasX games where game environments complete with system, quests and antagonists can be bought buy users, set up in sandboxes and played with one or more people.

• Like 4

I quite like the D&D style tabletop experience in Secondlife - Mages, Clerics, Rogues, Bards exploring ... both in 3D (caves and so on) and in 2D, with battlemaps.

I do know of a dungeon that is used in a roleplay hud system that most people don't like but this part is an add on to it. Bloodlines has this new thing that came out last year called Legends its sort of like a mmorpg where you can go on quests and do various things on the quest land including make various items, gather items for quests in a way its kind of like Skyrim but the quests can be fun to do. I mostly enjoy that part of Bloodlines because it reminds me of the video game Skyrim with the way it is set up.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 71 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.