Jump to content

Outfit Folders are empty in Firestorm 6.4.12 (62831)


Recommended Posts

Just in the past few days, I have only empty Outfit Folders in Firestorm. They appear to all remain as (correctly labeled) folders but each one says "there are no items in this folder". I have emptied Viewer cache several times but nothing has appeared. I still have all the folders intact in the SL Viewer, but it does not render my Zooby babies, so I've preferred Firestorm for a couple of years. Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated. I realize this is two separate issues, but I've already consulted with LL and they are looking into my rendering animesh issue and they did not detect any missing inventory when running a script to diagnose any problems with my Outfit folders in the SL Viewer. I am waiting for advice now from the Firestorm Support Group at the in-world sim.http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Firestorm Social Island/132/108/33 .

Link to post
Share on other sites

Try checking your inventory in another viewer (like the Linden viewer) and see if the outfits are there.  There is a file that gets corrupted somehow now and then and if things are good in the linden viewer you can copy that file over to the FS viewer and replace the corrupted file. Lately I have found that JUST logging into the Linden viewer fixes these problems -- certainly makes it easier. 

 

Here is the FS wiki page on inventory. That missing file if you need that info should be close to the bottom of the info.  I have never had outfits "disappear" but it sounds much like the same issue folks have fairly often. Good luck. 

 

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_missing_inventory

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Try checking your inventory in another viewer (like the Linden viewer) and see if the outfits are there.  There is a file that gets corrupted somehow now and then and if things are good in the linden viewer you can copy that file over to the FS viewer and replace the corrupted file. Lately I have found that JUST logging into the Linden viewer fixes these problems -- certainly makes it easier. 

 

Here is the FS wiki page on inventory. That missing file if you need that info should be close to the bottom of the info.  I have never had outfits "disappear" but it sounds much like the same issue folks have fairly often. Good luck. 

 

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_missing_inventory

Thanks, Chic,

Actually, the folders are still intact in the SL Viewer, and I have the latest update. I don't know about doing surgery on the files in Firestorm, but I might try to figure it  out for myself soon. Thanks so much for the information! :) I think I may just do a re-install of Firestorm first.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Update:  I've updated both FireStorm and Official SL Viewer to latest versions. The problems persist, specific to each viewer. I do find that I can open the Outfit Folders individually in the SL Viewer, and change outfits, then log back into Firestorm and save that Outfit folder anew, and it will persist. Much to my amazement, I realized that I actually have 1049 Outfits saved as Emilia, even if they are all empty in Firestorm. I have hoarded the outfits as memories since I first began making Outfit folders, perhaps in 2011. I will take a final look at them soon, before deleting them. That is just too much cobweb to expect the Inventory object database to maintain, although it has done an excellent job for over 10 years!

An alt has less than 200 Outfit folders, with no loss or issues, in either SL Viewer or Firestorm, and we both use the same viewer with our separate logins.

So, my most pressing issue going forward is why the SL Viewer is not rendering my animesh zooby babies, purchased in 2020.  The old zooby babies are fine in either viewer. My workaround is obviously to manage outfits in the Official Viewer and visit the babies in the Firestorm Viewer.

:)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz (2208.01 MHz)
Memory: 16264 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 19041.867)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1060/PCIe/SSE2

Otherwise, everything looks lovely in either viewer...thanks for any advice while I wait for an opinion by Support.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It MIGHT be that there is a limit to the number of outfits === 1024 seems like a possible development choice and you have over that.  No clue if that could be it, but honestly that is WAY too many outfits :D.    

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to good advice in Zooby group chat, I was reminded to update to HUD 18.0, and when I rezzed the babies anew, aha! wow, for the first time I can see them in the SL Viewer.

Although my skin is not rendering well in SL Viewer, but that may be for another thread.

So other than the problem of Outfit folders, there is now a problem of no clothing folders having items in Firestorm.  Really, I have no problems other than having to change viewers to change clothes. Thanks for advice, Chic. :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@emilia Avindar I'd advise you to raise the outfit issue in the Firestorm Support Group - it may be a case of missing inventory like @Chic Aeon said and that will involve manual copying of files but the support group has really great step by step guides that anyone can follow as long as they read them well. If it is not solved by the missing inventory fix then it could well be a bug in Firestorm that will need to be raised.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jax Leeder said:

@emilia Avindar I'd advise you to raise the outfit issue in the Firestorm Support Group - it may be a case of missing inventory like @Chic Aeon said and that will involve manual copying of files but the support group has really great step by step guides that anyone can follow as long as they read them well. If it is not solved by the missing inventory fix then it could well be a bug in Firestorm that will need to be raised.

Thanks, Jax, and I believe I did ask in the group but it was a slow night and no one replied (about a week ago) and to be honest, my head is hurting with all this detailed surgery required to fix problems. I also just had a complete *hard* restart of my system, and found *2 new folders* on my desktop: one is labeled "Restored Data" and one is labeled "Old Firefox Data" so where did these come from, and of what use are they to me? They just appeared Voila! Of course I would like to just magically think that a higher power manifested these for a fix, but I prefer an experienced opinion, and any advice available...

Yes, I will ask in the group again when I have the nerve to dive in and attempt to use the resources posted recently about Lost Inventory. Thanks for the encouragement.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would logon with Firestorm from a different computer. If you don't have the problem then, it is something local, and deleting all Firestorm files and rebuilding then should fix it. If you still have it, it's something on the server, and either LL or the FS team, or both, will have to address it, if it is to be resolved.

I have had a few empty outfit folders, but I found them immediately after I had moved them around between folders, and I thought it had something to do with that.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

I would logon with Firestorm from a different computer. If you don't have the problem then, it is something local, and deleting all Firestorm files and rebuilding then should fix it. If you still have it, it's something on the server, and either LL or the FS team, or both, will have to address it, if it is to be resolved.

I have had a few empty outfit folders, but I found them immediately after I had moved them around between folders, and I thought it had something to do with that.

Obvious, but SIMPLY BRILLIANT. Wow, I had no idea this might work. I used an older laptop (perhaps 7 years old) and first uninstalled the Phoenix Firestorm Viewer (which I was informed upon launching that it was Out of Date and unusable. I went to this page and then downloaded the 32-bit version.

https://www.firestormviewer.org/windows/

Wow, I was able to log in and FIND ALL OF MY OUTFITS!!!  I was able to change outfits.

I haven't downloaded it to the current computer. Let me check right now to see if there was any magic bridged over to the current 64-bit version of Firestorm on this laptop...BRB.

Ok, I"m back. It did not restore the folders in the Firestorm_64-bit version. This makes me wonder if Chic, above, was onto something about having exceeded memory.

Regardless, Thanks for the suggestion to try a different computer, Jennifer Boyle. Is there any reason, in anyone's opinion, why I can't revert to a 32-bit version of Firestorm on my current HP laptop? My eyes just want fairly simple solutions and I cannot go back and forth to wear and save over a thousand outfits, but it was VERY REASSURING to find them intact in this pared down version of Firestorm Viewer.

Thank you all for thinking this through with me!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, back with my final report (I think!) I did download the 32-bit Firestorm on the Windows 10 laptop and YES!!!! YAAAY! My outfits appear to all be there. I do plan to start to at least de-duplicate and get that total number of outfits down. But yes, whatever the memory error was has sorted itself out by reverting to the 32-bit Firestorm.

https://www.firestormviewer.org/windows/

Thanks again to everyone who helped. :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...