Group disappeared ???

SiSpt Laville

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1120 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello all

About 2 weeks ago I created a group, I was working on a land where I have several objects with the name of that group.
Today, as I continue to work on the land, I receive the message that says that I cannot create objects on the land. But I have enough prims.
The surprise was when I click on an object that is on the land under that group, and when clicking on the group nothing appears.

https://gyazo.com/2ee14fca03c573f1a52d5723657a058c

Need some quick help please.

Thank you

6 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, SiSpt Laville said:

Hello all

About 2 weeks ago I created a group, I was working on a land where I have several objects with the name of that group.
Today, as I continue to work on the land, I receive the message that says that I cannot create objects on the land. But I have enough prims.
The surprise was when I click on an object that is on the land under that group, and when clicking on the group nothing appears.

https://gyazo.com/2ee14fca03c573f1a52d5723657a058c

Need some quick help please.

Thank you

Groups require 2 people.  If you did not add as second person, the group disappears after 48 hours -- though there may be a delay if the group owns land..  If you had land owned by said group, you'll likely need to contact Support to get it straightened out.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I never understood that policy. You paid for it. Why require more than one person within ANY time limit? The group name can't be reused once it's lost.

What's the worst maintaining a single member group would allow? Cause additional hits in search? Maybe it's a group others might want to join if found by search and not by explicit advertisement or being tied to land that has to be visited.

1 minute ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

I never understood that policy. You paid for it. Why require more than one person within ANY time limit? The group name can't be reused once it's lost.

What's the worst maintaining a single member group would allow? Cause additional hits in search? Maybe it's a group others might want to join if found by search and not by explicit advertisement or being tied to land that has to be visited.

Oh,  that's not it,  as far as I know. The one person limit creates the only way to close a group.  Drop membership to one, wait 48 hours,  and the group is history. They could probably have found another way to kill a group,  but having that limit makes it easy. 

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

Oh,  that's not it,  as far as I know. The one person limit creates the only way to close a group.  Drop membership to one, wait 48 hours,  and the group is history. They could probably have found another way to kill a group,  but having that limit makes it easy. 

How about, if the last/sole member leaves the group it finally gets closed then and there? Maybe with a warning that if they leave the group, it will be closed.

This would usually be anyone with officer/owner capability and would be the norm if a controlled "kill" was desired/needed as support isn't going to remove people from a group to get it disbanded unless said people are banned by LL and not showing in the group list but still count toward the member count.

I guess I should bring it up in a user group meeting some time.

I recently created half a dozen groups just for deeding purposes and ownership distinguishing within the opertations of an application, but had to involve another account just to keep from losing them.

Just seems ridiculous/antiquated these days.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1120 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.