New chalet regions water acess from Blake seas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, mobiusonemasterchief Infinity said:

I hope Linden Labs creates a water channel to get from the blake seas west coast to the new chalet regions water channel 👍

Going down through Satori it is feasible to get to Bellisseria every water region has a protected channel of water to sail through next to the void, it is wide enough the free to use sail boat at Emin Marina and some other locations will more than comfortably fit inside. You just have to try and not stray in to the private sections some landowners have security orbs set to as little as 0 second warning.

2 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Going down through Satori it is feasible to get to Bellisseria every water region has a protected channel of water to sail through next to the void, it is wide enough the free to use sail boat at Emin Marina and some other locations will more than comfortably fit inside. You just have to try and not stray in to the private sections some landowners have security orbs set to as little as 0 second warning.

The protected waterway down the east side ends at Atanua. You can get further south last time I visited courtesy of some passable private parcels but not much further, only about halfway down Satori. There needs to be maybe 10 more water regions added to make a link with the Blake meaningful for water vehicles

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

The protected waterway down the east side ends at Atanua. You can get further south last time I visited courtesy of some passable private parcels but not much further, only about halfway down Satori. There needs to be maybe 10 more water regions added to make a link with the Blake meaningful for water vehicles

Correction... there is a narrow protected waterway past Atanua that goes as far south as Stromberg, which is about 16 Regions North of the connection at Rathais.

In that gap so far as I can see just Blofield and Klebb have protected passages along the edges. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

Correction... there is a narrow protected waterway past Atanua that goes as far south as Stromberg, which is about 16 Regions North of the connection at Rathais.

In that gap so far as I can see just Blofield and Klebb have protected passages along the edges. 

I thought I counted 18 water regions would be required so very feasible if LL want that lovely new wide river to lead onward into mainland. The other question is when/if onward connections are provided into Sansara rather than hitting the southern tip. I realize these topics have been debated recently but we can surely dream of possibilities after the massive new areas to explore released in recent days :)

• Like 3

I agree about Satori, I think the only way to reasonably sail to the Blake sea from Belli is for LL to add protected water regions from Stromberg down the west coast.  I tried to fly overland through the southern tip of Satori via abandoned and protected parcels, thinking an amphibian vehicle might be able to get through inland and cut back to the coast.  But that whole set of regions leading down to Rathais are badly cut up, and ban-erific. 

It must be tempting to LL to simply condemn parcels that haven't been changed or visited by anyone in the land group in oh, 7 years?  They could take back the land and give the owner a tier credit 😈  

They'd probably recover whole regions here and there, which with a little judicious shuffling MIGHT give them the option to create a new class of mainland with a very lightweight covenant.  No ban lines, no security orbs under 15 seconds etc.., but no theme or even limits on aesthetics.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Adamburp Adamczyk said:

has anyone asked Patch about this idea?

Correct me if I'm wrong but creating opensim voids to fill any gaps shouldn't be an issue now SL is in the cloud?

Being in the cloud means that there is no longer a practical technical limitation for how many regions can be added, but there is still a financial factor.  I won't pretend to know how much adding a bunch of open water regions would cost, but I do know that it wouldn't be free.  That doesn't mean that it can't or won't be done, just that being in the cloud does not mean that there are suddenly unlimited free resources.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.